More challenge on the game how further you get

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have been playing for about 2 mounth.

And tbh. when I get around day 70+, things get boring. Like.. VERY boring.

I was checking weather you can spawn set piece, unfortunately that's not possible.

However, it gave me this idea.

Why don't you guys spawn more set piece, more traps as the game keep going on?

example could be.. You're on day 100. Base is set and you don't need anything.

Just farm food and survive till next hound attack.

What about at sudden Spider set piece middle of nowhere? More traps as well.

Cause you get to day 100, you really don't have nothing to do.

I do know this is only beta etc etc. But more challenge somehow would be great.

But it is NOT possible at all, spawning the set pieces right?
They're "hardcoded", right?

Play RoG especially when all the Giants are added, it helps a little.  But i feel your pain.

Yesh! I'm waiting for it. I think it'll help a little.

But the idea of the set pieces bigger chance to spawn every 30 day or something. That would make the exploring of the map usefull again.

I could of couse also set food and something else on less, and more monstors, but stell.

I feel you. It would be nice to see the world shift and change in some way to keep you guessing. Perhaps say a tornado could blow through a pig village. Instead of just being homeless, they have a chance to pack up and start a village somewhere else. Or maybe what was once a forest is now a badland, just with more angry tornado-caused treeguards.

I don't think said tornado would blow through the player's base, as there's enough things in the game that can uproot a campsite as it is. Leave this one to world re-generation.

I tend to remedy the late game boredom by just starting a new world.

Of course there's only so many characters and settings you can choose :(

yeah!

So indeed.

Starting a new world is the only challenge there is so far. Since you have to explore again and find a place etc.

When you have berries, sapling, grass, farms, bees, pig houses, u can just w*nk in base and do nothing and still survive. All you have to do is just collect the food around you and defend yourself against the hounds :p

Three points:

* Through the Ages.

* You can't simply have a set piece pop up on your world long after the world has been generated; that would either not work or would cause a lot of bugs/crashes (oh wait, they're the same thing).

* My up coming mod project calle... not gonna spoil, but get hyped for that. There's a lot coming up besides caves, adventure mode and Through the Ages in terms of mods. Mods not only make things more interesting, but also may contain challenge. The underwater world mod project Creeps in the Deeps, which me, Lampofulmine and many others are working on is something you'd probably be interested. It's sort of like caves and ruins and U&A but water with new stats, of course. If CITD doesn't get you hyper happy, then the other mod project I'm going to be working definitely will, which will be calle... damn it, almost announced the name again!

Three points:

* Through the Ages.

* You can't simply have a set piece pop up on your world long after the world has been generated; that would either not work or would cause a lot of bugs/crashes (oh wait, they're the same thing).

* My up coming mod project calle... not gonna spoil, but get hyped for that. There's a lot coming up besides caves, adventure mode and Through the Ages in terms of mods. Mods not only make things more interesting, but also may contain challenge. The underwater world mod project Creeps in the Deeps, which me, Lampofulmine and many others are working on is something you'd probably be interested. It's sort of like caves and ruins and U&A but water with new stats, of course. If CITD doesn't get you hyper happy, then the other mod project I'm going to be working definitely will, which will be calle... damn it, almost announced the name again!

That sounds interesting. Any idea when you're gonna put the test out?

That sounds interesting. Any idea when you're gonna put the test out?

For which mod project? And no, we have no idea when we're gonna put out tests. Creeps in the Deeps has some of the general stuff done, like a few mobs, the underwater world, the new stats, however there's a lot of work yetbto be done. I'd say we're probably going to get on with some first testing for public probably this winter, but I can't confirm for sure. For the other mod prpject it's going to take a lot longer, though.

For which mod project? And no, we have no idea when we're gonna put out tests. Creeps in the Deeps has some of the general stuff done, like a few mobs, the underwater world, the new stats, however there's a lot of work yetbto be done. I'd say we're probably going to get on with some first testing for public probably this winter, but I can't confirm for sure. For the other mod prpject it's going to take a lot longer, though.

Mmmh... Should be fine waiting until winter, since RoG should be almost done. (I would say 1-2 months).

You gave me more into get myself to learn LUA language, with all your mod talking... :p 

Play RoG especially when all the Giants are added, it helps a little.  But i feel your pain.

Ahh.. We've played together. Xmushu or / M :) In wilderness.

Lol.. Arent we already friends?? M ?

- Well.. They could add the set piece into the edit world tab. More choices. I know you can code your own set pieces etc. But I rather want the ones who already is in the game :) 

- Well.. They could add the set piece into the edit world tab. More choices. I know you can code your own set pieces etc. But I rather want the ones who already is in the game :-)

That could be done; by setting set pieces to lots. However, that does not guarantee you a lot, most or all of the trap sort of set pieces within the game. One thing I've always thought about being editable within the game for the second mod project would be to alter specific world options with more detail; so say you want to edit set pieces (the ones without clockworks); you could then click on the image of that specific option and then alter the options of set pieces in more detail; say how much you want of the normal/beneficial set pieces and how much you want of the ones that would be considered as traps and for the program to distinguish between which ones are which kind, they could be listed in two lists: one which is in a Boon list and the other in a Trap list. And I think it would be awesome if a lot of the options had more variety overall, so say for set pieces, instead of just None, Less, Default, More and Lots, you could have None, Least, Lesser, Less, Default, More, Lots, Most, All.

That could be done; by setting set pieces to lots. However, that does not guarantee you a lot, most or all of the trap sort of set pieces within the game. One thing I've always thought about being editable within the game for the second mod project would be to alter specific world options with more detail; so say you want to edit set pieces (the ones without clockworks); you could then click on the image of that specific option and then alter the options of set pieces in more detail; say how much you want of the normal/beneficial set pieces and how much you want of the ones that would be considered as traps and for the program to distinguish between which ones are which kind, they could be listed in two lists: one which is in a Boon list and the other in a Trap list. And I think it would be awesome if a lot of the options had more variety overall, so say for set pieces, instead of just None, Less, Default, More and Lots, you could have None, Least, Lesser, Less, Default, More, Lots, Most, All.

I have tried that too.

I have been lucky sometimes.

But as soon you put something on "Lots", the world gen messes the world. Sometimes the braches are totally fked.

Yeah!! Your idea is what I was thinking.

The need to rework the options "Never, less, default, more, lots" to maybe 1 ratio.

Example

Never, less, default, more, lots

Never = 0

Less = 0,5

Default = 1

More = 1,5

etc. That would make more sense, since you don't know how many there will be if you set up "more" option.

Archived