KillServers is Offering Don't Starve Together Dedicated Hosting

KillServers.com  is Offering Don't Starve Together Dedicated Hosting.  Servers hold up to 8 slots for $12.00 USD a month and we are currently offering 20% off each month with the Promo Code DontStarve20%off (case sensitive) to use during checkout.  This promo code is good for your first 6 months of Don't Starve Together server hosting.

As with any new offering and a beta game there can always be quirks and changes but we will gladly work with you through any issues you might have.  We have knowledgebase information on the advanced configuration steps you need to take to generate a game token for your server to make it as easy as possible for you to get up and running right away.  If you have any questions about this or configuring your server out knowledgebase is here: http://www.killservers.com/?ccce=knowledgebase&action=displaycat&catid=12&page_id=2996

KillServers Support Team

It's nice that DST is starting to pop up from server renters. Unfortunately, this one is only west coast and UK. I'll wait.

(also, assuming the sever quality itself is high, $10 for 8 slots isn't bad)

I just bought a server, I live on the east coast (Maryland). the Arizona server gives me a 90 ping with 6 other players. quite nice for being so far away

I just bought a server, I live on the east coast (Maryland). the Arizona server gives me a 90 ping with 6 other players. quite nice for being so far away

Yea, that's certainly useable. Glad you're happy with it. I could work with 90, but I'd rather just wait until there's something closer. Even texas would be enough (I live in NC).

Yea, that's certainly useable. Glad you're happy with it. I could work with 90, but I'd rather just wait until there's something closer. Even texas would be enough (I live in NC).

jbeetle,

We have a server in Dallas, TX that may work out for you, it won't show up in the server list if it is full, so if you do end up wanting to give us a shot and it's missing, let us know and I'll see if we can work something out for you.

I've found that the routing between Phoenix and the East Coast (US) has been a bit better than the routing between Texas and the East Coast.

We do offer a 5 day money back guarantee, if you don't like the server you can cancel within 5 days for a full refund.

We do have a KillServers.com Public Test server up on Dallas right now... it's usually pretty full and we have been seeing some pretty high lag on anything over 8 players and decided to cap server sales at 8 players to make sure everyone has the best experience we can offer.

I would pay happily for $6 a month, but $10 after cupon is too expensive. maybe a price adjustment if possible? or offer a 4 or 6 person sever as well for cheaper? Thanks for the hosting

joevw007,

Honestly, if we could offer smaller servers for people we definately would. The problem we are running into is that we are seeing that 4 player servers are using just about the same resources as an 8 player server. We would not be able to price the smaller servers any less.

I'm more of a techincal guy than a business guy, but if we filled up a single physical server with DST servers, anything less than $9 would not cover the overhead to run the server. I can tell you that we went back and forth trying to find ways to lower the cost for you guys, at this time the coupon was the best option we had.

If we do find a way to lower the cost for you guys, we will pass that along.

Also, thanks for letting us know what you are looking for, it helps us figure out how we can make things better for our clients.

Having been getting 'bad host' with only 8 people on at day 5. 

Maybe worth increasing the specs/price of the servers. 

Will let you know how we find it.

Kuldin,

I've been gathering performance profiles for the team at Klei to help with optimization.

The specs of the servers we use are pretty good:

-Dual Intel Xeon Class Processors 2.8Ghz, 6 physical cores, HT disabled

-48gb, 72gb, 92gb of RAM (depending on the location)

-Samsung or Toshiba SSDs

-100mbps guaranteed thorughput (burstable to 1gpbs)

We try to keep server utilization to less than 70% cpu and less than 80% memory. The new Phoenix,AZ servers were just added because we were pushing 70% cpu in our Dallas datacenter and our customers in the West Coast were interested in servers that were a bit closer than Dallas.

I've also been monitoring the public server we have up and trying to see if there are any tweaks we can do to optimize on our side. i apologize for the slowdown and lag issues you are experiencing. Open a ticket in the control panel and reference this post, I will take a look at your server and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

Kuldin,

I've been gathering performance profiles for the team at Klei to help with optimization.

The specs of the servers we use are pretty good:

-Dual Intel Xeon Class Processors 2.8Ghz, 6 physical cores, HT disabled

-48gb, 72gb, 92gb of RAM (depending on the location)

-Samsung or Toshiba SSDs

-100mbps guaranteed thorughput (burstable to 1gpbs)

We try to keep server utilization to less than 70% cpu and less than 80% memory. The new Phoenix,AZ servers were just added because we were pushing 70% cpu in our Dallas datacenter and our customers in the West Coast were interested in servers that were a bit closer than Dallas.

I've also been monitoring the public server we have up and trying to see if there are any tweaks we can do to optimize on our side. i apologize for the slowdown and lag issues you are experiencing. Open a ticket in the control panel and reference this post, I will take a look at your server and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

I did not mean to sound critical of the service you were providing (which I have found flawless so far), was merely mentioning that I personally would have been willing to pay more for greater performance. Will you be offering different tiers of hosting in the future? I for one would be interested..

At only £6 a month, its almost like you are giving away the hosting!

Have raised a ticket as requested.

Thank you for the reply.

I did not mean to sound critical of the service you were providing (which I have found flawless so far), was merely mentioning that I personally would have been willing to pay more for greater performance. Will you be offering different tiers of hosting in the future? I for one would be interested..

At only £6 a month, its almost like you are giving away the hosting!

Have raised a ticket as requested.

Kuldiin,

No offense taken, please don't hesitate to let us know your thoughts on the service and what you want to see in the future.

We priced the service low right now since we know that the road is a bit bumpy with Early Access and beta games and wanted to make sure that we were fair with the pricing we charged knowing that there will be those bumps.

We have toyed with offering a "premium tier" but I have reservations asking customers to pay more for a better experience. I'm not trying to talk down to providers that offer premium tiers, I understand why they do it... but I want everyone to have the best experience we can provide... I'm thinking a premuim server offering from us would be more like a VPS where you purchase guaranteed CPU and Memory resources and can run any game from our catalog on it.

I have recieved your ticket in our system, I will take a look and see if there is anything else we can do to help.

Hello everyone,

Earlier this morning we were a target of a DDoS attack, this is the second one this year.

I migrated our portal to a solution that allows us to have some additional protection from attacks... however I am not sure if they were attacking the control panel or the game server itself.

There are many different reasons to be a targt of an attack, from unhappy competitors, to unhappy players that were banned from a game running on the server.

If you have not recieved an email from us, eveyrthing is back up.

The portal is accessible from http://portal.killservers.com

You may need to clear your cache to access the portal since the IP changed, we keep the TTL on the DNS record low so that we can react more quickly to attacks and outages.

DST servers may be on a different IP, but should still be accessible from the server list. If you are having issues connecting to your DST server please open a ticket in the control panel an we will be happy to take a look.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey,

Are these servers prepaid only?

Want to know if there is any contract or subscription?

Best solution for me would be a prepaid server, so if i dont pay the server gets deleted or deactivated.

Thanks

I just signed up for Killservers.com for a dedicated DST server and I have to say service is subpar.  About 3 hours ago, I signed up and paid. Immediately received payment confirmation and login info. The bad part is, the login only works for the billing portion and not the Game Panel portion. The same credentials I can log in to billing works, yet I can't actually log in to the game setup portion.  I have high hopes this will be resolved soon, but the customer service is pretty slow. 3 hours of waiting around for a response is pretty bad.

I just signed up for Killservers.com for a dedicated DST server and I have to say service is subpar.  About 3 hours ago, I signed up and paid. Immediately received payment confirmation and login info. The bad part is, the login only works for the billing portion and not the Game Panel portion. The same credentials I can log in to billing works, yet I can't actually log in to the game setup portion.  I have high hopes this will be resolved soon, but the customer service is pretty slow. 3 hours of waiting around for a response is pretty bad.

Customer service has been excellent for me when I have had queries with them, even after I have cancelled they have been more than prompt replying to me. Honestly, two separate logins is no issue at all, if anything it is more secure.

Id recommend them.

Once the game is more optimized, Ill be returning to them (and JestServers) for hosting.

So I paid for one of these last Friday.  Killservers got it set up within 10 minutes, it then took me another hour or so to get the server up and running.  (needed to realize I needed to use their UI to do a steam update of the server)  I did submit a ticket about the starting it up issue, but closed it as I resolved the problem myself, they still contacted me within a few hours to be sure it was good.  All in all I'd class setup of the dedicated server as "fairly simple and easy, suitable for consumer-grade IT".

Over the weekend I've been playing around with it.  I'm in Boston, I get about 100ms to it, so it's viable though rarely at the top of the list when servers get sorted by ping for me.

So, TLDR:  Seemed easy to me, and well worth the price given my budget.

Hi! 

I'm looking for a server to hot me and at least two of my friends who are kind of spread out. I'm in Michigan, one of my friends is in colorado, and the other is in Brazil. I was wondering if your servers would be able to handle that with a relatively good ping rate? Thank you!

I'm leery of trying another service like this because they seem to be very efficient on the billing component but not so much on support.   Having to spend a few hours every time to generate a new world with a few mods is a pain in the neck.  The other company I tried had a UK based payment system and I had to jump through a lot of hoops to sign on, interestingly when I wanted to cancel they found out an easy way to charge me.   

Maybe there could be multiple levels of service for those who want a more seamless experience.   Price matters certainly but I'd be willing to pay $10 extra a month just to be able to get the same efficient process that Klei uses, e.g., 5-10 minutes to set up a world, boom, done.   Six slots dedicated with a simple interface, I'd pay $25 a month.   The standard business model usually has tiers of service but in my first experience with this there was only a bottom drawer approach.   Sure, some kids don't have much money but there are also a lot of adults that play the game who spend thousands on video games.

Archived