Protecting Your Base?

Are there any ways of setting traps to kill any potential griefers? Chest traps? Hound Trap? or anything else creative anyone has thought of?

I think It would be nice if we could make trick chests that explode the player when opened, that way you can prevent 1-2 greifers but eventually they could still get in.

Are there any ways of setting traps to kill any potential griefers? Chest traps? Hound Trap? or anything else creative anyone has thought of?

I think It would be nice if we could make trick chests that explode the player when opened, that way you can prevent 1-2 greifers but eventually they could still get in.

I still think a (somewhat expensive) protective item using a whitelist with the range of a lightning rod would be a good way to protect your stuff

I still think a (somewhat expensive) protective item using a whitelist with the range of a lightning rod would be a good way to protect your stuff

hmm... why don't we (and when I say "we" I mean anyone who has enough modding prowess) reprogram the houndius shootius (eye turret) to attack players that the host (or the one who planted it) would deem as a "threat"... a UI could be set to toggle player status as either "friend"  or "foe/not to be trusted yet"... or just probably use the Tab's function where players are already listed... a checkbox next to their icons maybe?

I don't know what a whitelist is... seriously, what is it? O__O

Please enlighten me... :)

hmm... why don't we (and when I say "we" I mean anyone who has enough modding prowess) reprogram the houndius shootius (eye turret) to attack players that the host (or the one who planted it) would deem as a "threat"... a UI could be set to toggle player status as either "friend"  or "foe/not to be trusted yet"... or just probably use the Tab's function where players are already listed... a checkbox next to their icons maybe?

I don't know what a whitelist is... seriously, what is it? O__O

Please enlighten me... :-)

A blacklist assumes everyone can be trusted until they're on the list, so if we used a blacklist system for the protection item, anyone would be allowed in, until they were added to the list. A whitelist, however, assumes nobody can be trusted until they're on the list.

An easy comparison is if you have a friend's only game in DST, you're using the whitelist that is your friend's list. If you're playing an open game, you're using the blacklist that is the "banned players" list.

tl;dr: With whitelists, you list the people that are allowed in, and with blacklists, you list the people that aren't allowed in.

I think a houndis shootius would be a great idea, but it would need to be made more powerful, so that it's actually a threat.

I think we need some kind of "Watch Tower" made by logs. It'll shoot any player (who is not friend and it's owner) goes near it, just like "Ice Flingomatic" shoot fire. All structures inside "Watch Tower" range canot be loot or hammer (from another player) unless the "Watch Tower" turned off by it's owner or has been destroy.

About a white list. I think we need an action to mark a friendly player like a "Hug". And game should automatic add any player who attack of attacked by me to the black list. If it was a mistake then I have to "Hug" them one time to remove from black list.

P/s: Sorry for my very bad english.

I think we need some kind of "Watch Tower" made by logs. It'll shoot any player (who is not friend and it's owner) goes near it, just like "Ice Flingomatic" shoot fire. All structures inside "Watch Tower" range canot be loot or hammer (from another player) unless the "Watch Tower" turned off by it's owner or has been destroy.

About a white list. I think we need an action to mark a friendly player like a "Hug". And game should automatic add any player who attack of attacked by me to the black list. If it was a mistake then I have to "Hug" them one time to remove from black list.

P/s: Sorry for my very bad English.

@InstaPwn

Just craft a torch, light up on fire one of the eyes -> insta pwn

If you would light the eyes on fire then it would have lighted all the structures on fire. Finding methods of protecting your base without inviting the random pyro should be addressed too. They could just plant a tree within range, light it on fire and then poof, Whole village is gone.

Also might I say, Willow needs to be nerfed on PVP servers, her lighter makes her way too OP early game. Maybe make it so the lighter cant light players on fire. I literally walked around a PVP server for 3 hrs collecting lighters off corpses. The reason there were so many is because griefers found out how easy it is to kill ppl with willow.

Archived