More DST Characters: Play Wolfgang, Wendy, Wes, or Maxwell with this mod

@XyLe Sorry it took me so long, but I just pushed an update that fixes the book crash and I believe fully fixes the behavior of Abigail and her flower.

Wow, that's not long at all ! thank you very much! :) i'll try the newest version soon enough. But lately i'm so used to punch Abigail before leaving the game i dont even know if i should still do that :D

anyways, wolfgang i just didn't like playing tbh, he's useless, and Wes, well, maybe, i never played wes and i dont know what would be the point of that... i've heard he's got some explosives =)

Wow, that's not long at all ! thank you very much! :) i'll try the newest version soon enough. But lately i'm so used to punch Abigail before leaving the game i dont even know if i should still do that :D

anyways, wolfgang i just didn't like playing tbh, he's useless, and Wes, well, maybe, i never played wes and i dont know what would be the point of that... i've heard he's got some explosives =)

Wes is meant to be a challenge charactet.

Wolfgang though is incredibly powerful if you know how to use him, which basically means you stay wimpy until you need to fight, then you become mighty and crush.

Because of the way his health scales, you can also hugely increase the effectiveness of healing items by healing while close to starving, since your hp retains it's percentage while changing forms.

@rezecib Sorry for only replying now, I'll jump in once I've got things properly set up. I'll probably use Wendy, but since I have no actual experience using her before I will spend a day as her on my own time in DS. I wouldn't want to waste your time teaching me about the basics about wendy when I jump in.

Until then, thank you for replying rez!

Further testing with a group showed no further bugs (maxwell + wickerbottom is an amazing, probably OP combo)

Wolfgang on the other hand is heavily nerfed from his single player version, and the greater local food demands make his hunger level decison making unsatisfying.

Only having 250 max hp, having his damage nerfed, and kiting being much more unreliable make his strengths a lot weaker, and his weaknesses remained the same.

On a similar note, his changed threshholds don't syngergize well with meatballs, as you almost always move to the next form.

Further testing with a group showed no further bugs (maxwell + wickerbottom is an amazing, probably OP combo)

Wolfgang on the other hand is heavily nerfed from his single player version, and the greater local food demands make his hunger level decison making unsatisfying.

Only having 250 max hp, having his damage nerfed, and kiting being much more unreliable make his strengths a lot weaker, and his weaknesses remained the same.

On a similar note, his changed threshholds don't syngergize well with meatballs, as you almost always move to the next form.

Yesss, I was so excited for Maxwell + Wickerbottom combo teams :D

Hmm. I think that Wolfgang could probably use a more extensive rework, but I don't think it's really my place with this mod (just trying to give people uncontroversial access to missing characters). I had to pull down his numbers for technical reasons, but I wish I could keep them at normal levels. Even so, I think he'd have a tough time in DST because of how he inhales food. As for meatballs... hmm, I could pull up the wimpy threshold back up to its original place, do you think that would help?

Yesss, I was so excited for Maxwell + Wickerbottom combo teams :D

Hmm. I think that Wolfgang could probably use a more extensive rework, but I don't think it's really my place with this mod (just trying to give people uncontroversial access to missing characters). I had to pull down his numbers for technical reasons, but I wish I could keep them at normal levels. Even so, I think he'd have a tough time in DST because of how he inhales food. As for meatballs... hmm, I could pull up the wimpy threshold back up to its original place, do you think that would help?

I think that would help quite a bit, since there are very few situations where being normal is what you want.

I also agree completely that your mod representing the characters in their closest to vanilla state is best.

@Xcntrq Yeah, it's very hard to get beard hair right now because beardlings are buggy.

I updated the mod to remove the hacks I put in place to make Wolfgang work, since he's now officially supported. Anyone hosting with an older version of the mod will have Wolfgangs with reduced stats, so update as soon as possible!

• Developer

Edit: Oh dear, I forgot to link the instructions for enabling mods. Here's how to do it!

I suspect you already saw this in the update notes today rezecib, but just in case you missed it.

• MODS_ENABLED is now defined in settings.ini (which can be found in the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder). To enable mods, open settings.ini and delete the “#” before the “MODS_ENABLED = true” line.

Archived