Victorian Oddities [Mod Request]

Percival

Hello, mod forum. This is quite peculiar, posting here.

. . .

Anyways, I wish to request all you educated folks and/or creatures of the rubber kind a favor. I wish for there to be a Victorian/Bohemian based modification of sorts to be added. The goal of this request is to add varying items, such as Laudanum, Unearthly Shrieks, Whisper Satin, Teethed Helm, and Strange Medicine, along with the odd creature, such as the man-made Time Turner and the exotic Glass Hummingbird. I request the talents of individuals skilled with scripts, those talented with the brush, and peasants with brilliant imaginations.

I wish you all willing to make this idea birth to send me a sealed message with orange wax. Or a Private Message. That will be sufficient.

Oh my lord, people actually dug really deep to find this.

I love this idea! All I can contribute with are quotes and imaginations though :/

I could use a little help with creating quotes/reactions for all of the characters with the items and creatures. Are you good at mimicking the mentality of the DS characters? 

• Developer

Oh my lord, people actually dug really deep to find this.

I could use a little help with creating quotes/reactions for all of the characters with the items and creatures. Are you good at mimicking the mentality of the DS characters?

I made some work for U&A, CitD and the Markiplier mod, I can send you some examples through PM if you want!

Your idea sounds really fun.  Sounds like you need to acquire some modding skills!  I suggest you start with Dana Addams' "Artist Guide to Character/Item modding" and Macalath's "Creating a handslot-equippable-item from scratch" tutorials.

If you've never done any coding before, you might also look at a basic Lua tutorial - there are lots of them online.  In case you weren't aware, Lua is the programming language that Don't Starve is written in.

If you stick with it, your persistence will be rewarded with a whole new set of skills and creative opportunities.  Good luck!

Archived