Rundown on Corporations?

Is there some kind of list of the corporations, and what's special about each of them?

So far I've seen K&O, FTM, and whatever this is....

a7ozZJ2.jpg

Are these the guys with the drones? I am scared to invade them. Also does the corporation indicate whether I'll see armored or vision goggle guards?

K&O, FTM and Sankaku.

Sankaku have null drones. I don't like them.

I'm pretty sure ALL corporations have armoured guards, though. K&O and FTM have their own unique guard types, but I can't remember which is which. Someone more experienced will probably come along and tell you more than I can.

K&O are military and government ones. They have both armored and vision gogles guards. FTM are scientific and doctoresque ones(?) with armor. Sankaku have drones of various types, including null drones and heavy armor. So, yes, the types of enemies depends on who you're trying to rob.

Aren't their 4 corperations?

K&O:guards with 180 vision + turrets

FTM: sensors that detect your teams location each alarm lvl

Sankaku: Drones (camera, null, opek v1/v2 and those giant drones)

Phastech: Hacker guards that reclaim devices and when ko'd the give a random object a daemon until they wake up (and if you hack the daemon it goes back to him and enters a new object)

To be honest, Sankaku is probably the easiest corp to deal with, so long as you're prepared.

If you have 2 emp packs, you can readily deal with just about anything sankaku can throw at you, since it will be a drone in all likelyhood, and emp packs will either disable or outright destroy them. If you have a ranged gun (esp a flurry, but a handcannon works too) to deal with any actual people guards. 

Now, PLASTech will mess you UP on level 3 or higher missions. Those hackers and cyber consciousness guards mean that you either have to use a TON of power just keeping the cameras neutral, or be ready to kill them all. Just remember that every kill ticks the alarm up a couple notches, so have fun with the four extra guards, some with armour.  

There's 5 corps: FTM, K&O, Plastech, Sankaku and Omni. In story mode Omni only shows up in the last mission. In endless mode Omni guards show up at every corp later in the game. Also every one can get elite guards with 1 armor at some point. I think it's day 2 for all. But it might be later at for some.

K&O:

Has turrets that you need to turn off or can potentially use to kill guards.

Lots of guards with potentially heavy armor. Support guards with flash grenades (% lootable). 180% vision guards. This means also means lots of credits to loot if you can pull it of. If you don't bring armor penetration 2 from day 2 onwards your being risky.

Sankaku:

Sound bugs which increase the alarm tracker and call in guards when triggered. Every loud sound triggers them including running, shooting and using holocircuit overloaders.

Lots of drones, which means less cash loot. But if things go sour you can hack them and start shooting things.

Notabe drones are the Null drone ,which prevents hacking devices/drones in a radius except itself, and the Akuma(?) drone with high armor and increased vision (it says 180° in the tooltip but its actally not as much). They are slow though.

Sakaku favours a good hacking and PWR setup. Coming only with seed is risky because you can't instant hack any drone staring you down.

Plastech:

They sport so-called Moddeds which can rehack/reboot one device within 6(?) tiles each turn. Or when they a KO they posses one device with a deamon. Hacking that device or killing the daemon with Hunter will spawn another daemon as long as the guard is KO. Edit: apperently using Hunter kills the Modded.

This makes them increasingly difficult with each day. As firewalls go up making rehacking expensive and more daemons are present leaving less empty devices to be possesed.

FTM:

Has a Scanning Amp which notices one agent each time the Alarm reaches the next level. Only middly anoying and can be looted for some tech which turns into extra credits at the end of the mission.

Barrier guards with Firewalls that translate into armor. Hack them to reduce or temporarily neutralise the armor.

I'll leave the Omni guards out as not to spoil the last mission too much.

Personally I favor doing FTM runs followed by K&O, if I have the armor penetration, followed by Sankaku. Plastech comes last except for the first two days where I'd rather take Plastech over Sankaku because you can get more pocket cash. But mission types and flight distance can skew my choices as well.

Personally I favor doing FTM runs followed by K&O, if I have the armor penetration, followed by Sankaku. Plastech comes last except for the first two days where I'd rather take Plastech over Sankaku because you can get more pocket cash. But mission types and flight distance can skew my choices as well.

Plastech isn't a problem for me cuz i don't mind daemons (minus validate/blowfish/paradox) and i don't hack near them unless i need to and i just ko them if they piss me off (i would rather face daemons then re-hacking devices) and if i need to keep them down i just drag them around XD

Sankaku is annoying due to drones being immune to KO'ing, and even worse is that one could carry one of the bad daemons (paradox/validate/blowfish) and in a worse case scenario there is a akuma drone, a v1/2 sentry drone (idk their actual name) and a null drone which has paradox...that is a nightmare...(at least you can make them kill eachother -_-)

FTM isn't a big deal either due to me finding the scanner quickly and if i have paracite i just leave one on the guards (with the barrier shields) and forget it for a while :3

K&O is fairly easy for me due to the turrets i hack killing the armored/support guards :grin:

OMNI is VERY tough but no spoilers :0

Plastech annoying until 5-6 level, because it had recapturers everywhere. Elites had incredibly smaller chance to spawn: according to files it 50 for Elite against 1000 (1000, Carl!) for MK II.

But later, with Omni help, they start to feels pretty balanced)

one modded isn't a big deal. but if you run into 2+ in one place with multiple camaras in the room they're in and the room you're in and each rebooted camera starts with 4-5 firewalls things are going to go downhill fast.

I can't think of a similarly bad situation I could run into with the other corps. I guess the paradox possesed Null drone can be pretty bad given the surroundings. but paradox is one of the shorter daemons and you only have to rehack it if you can't get it to you to pin it.

I'm on day 10 on my expert endless run. I haven't visited Plastech in 5-6 days I think. but I have a SA and Africa tour planned for day 11. I'll let you know how it goes.

oh, yes, I actually like how they works and provides mass recapturing challenges (different tactics required etc) , issue for me is that it's not so fun to go Plastech because I know that despite decor difference (I really like those awesome trees for example! and looks like I didn't tried Plastech Security Dispatch, can't remember it in their colours and shading), guards would be too same (I mean, damn, looks like the way how guards looks more interesting for me than the way how they will act), that's their "any uniform you like, if it MKI uniform" policy annoy me) - nothing like K&O and Sankaku or even FTM variety.

Plastech is less annoying then the others for me. I honestly don't mind the rehacking as i just KO them and i honestly don't care for daemons unless its the ones that actually hurt when you install them (blowfish/paradox/validate)

FTM's scanner is very annoying if you can't find it quick enough...And the barrier guards are only annoying if you don't have something like parasite.

K&O's 180% vision is annoying as you cant hide next to them/around corners. its annoying trying to hide from them. I have never been shot by a turret before so...i don't mind them. And the support guard has only ever stunned me once due to central being unable to get to cover :/

Sankaku is the most annoying for me due to all the damn drones...i don't often have the right guns to deal with them... :( I think this is an example of where shalem shines due to him having a +1 ap rifle and +1 ap to all guns (so he has a +2 ap rifle) which means he can kill drones from the camera drones to null drones to the powerful akuma drones. But then again shooting is a bad idea due to all the sound-bugs so 1 shot on a drone could equeal +1-5 alarm...i hate Sankaku so much. 

Archived