We can't help ourselves because we don't know as well :)

But I can't see why any of us won't be able to run Don't Starve Together if we can run Don't Starve. Even Reign of Giants with all the added stuff didn't put a dent in performance overall.

Internet speed and strength will definitely be a major factor.

This just in, you actually need a government supercomputer capable of rendering the entire universe at a minimum of 30 fps, with basic necessities being a penta-core 5.8ghz computer, 32 gigs of RAM, and a video card made by Zues himself.

Nah, just kidding (obviously). I'm sure you'll be able to run it as long as you can run the base game.

well, there's the problem that a much larger portion of the world will be rendered, if there are many players far away in a single game, so I'm not sure if it's still going to be the same(specially because they're going to be re-doing almost everything in the game for DST)

well, there's the problem that a much larger portion of the world will be rendered, if there are many players far away in a single game, so I'm not sure if it's still going to be the same(specially because they're going to be re-doing almost everything in the game for DST)

This is what I'm concerned about, especially if the number of players is allowed to go bigger then 4 max, *I hope that happens. It would be interesting to see the difference between 4 and 8 player groups, or even bigger* My machine is pretty recent, and fairly decent, but I have to wonder how much processing and rendering power will be needed to show each part of the world of an individual player. It could end up taking too much resources for most everyone if not careful enough, and more lag is never a good thing. I don't think it will be too much of a problem, though. Providing you don't set everything to lots in the customisation menu *assuming DST will have that* then I think most people will be fine.

Archived