PS4 - Pig torches no longer generate pigs

JP Chatt
  • Pending

Pig torches normally re-spawn pigs every fews days but the torches no longer do since update 206

Steps to Reproduce

Go to a world with a pig torch set piece

kill all the pigs

notice they do not respawn even after 50+ days

User Feedback

I noticed this on Klei-EU, almost 9 days without any pig respawn! Though I thought it could be a random who killed them! 

It could be a bug after all! 

Share this comment

Ive spent several days away from the pig torches (very far off screen and even down in the caves) and come back to see that the pigs had yet to return

If it helps I did take additional actions in the area of the pig torches.

I was in a world that contains the pig torches with grass on the inside set piece.

I Dug out all the grass.

I planted 2 or 3 bunny hutches inside the set piece

then walled in the set piece

myself or the bunnies then killed all the pigs

they will not re-spawn even after 50+ days in the world

Edited by JP Chatt

Share this comment

On 3/15/2021 at 5:31 PM, zarklord_klei said:

Are you hanging around the pig torches, or are they far offscreen?

Issue persists in Update 208. even when far off screen for several days

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, JP Chatt said:

Issue persists in Update 208. even when far off screen for several days

Have you altered altered any world settings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

17 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

I have altered a few. including bunny men and pigs setting to more. But once I experienced this issue I reverted those settings back to default.

I will try restoring all to default for several days and see if that fixes the issue.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Issue persists even after resetting all World Settings to default.

The one exception was season duration (I currently have Autumn set to very long and Summer to Very Short)

These settings were set that way prior to the bug appear so I left those alone.

Share this comment

I have a similar issue. 

I am playing Wurt and I built a few new Merm Flortifications, but they don't spawn any merm guards. It's autumn and merm king is alive. Weird thing is, the Merm Flortifications I built before the update, do still spawn merm guards and are only like 2 screens away from the new ones. 

Also hounds don't come out of their hound mounds unless you attack them. 

Share this comment

On 3/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, CharlesB said:

The team is looking into it.

This issue persists even after update 209.

IMG_1230.thumb.jpg.a87b5ff9e95e8c9c0ac966e65a67059d.jpg

Share this comment

Bug still persist as of today.

Would it be usefull provide more or missing information ?

Share this comment

I haven't forgotten about this; I've reproduced it and we're trying to figure out what's going wrong.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

I have lost my pig torches in three worlds. All the worlds were started before the March 11, 2021 update. I play on a PS4. First, lost was right after the update, so I was a little afraid to go into my other worlds with pig torches. But, with the new end game content, I decided to roll the dice and hope for the best as I was prepared for any end game content in that world as I was over 1700 days in. Unfortunately, it looks like my pigs will never come back in there. Today, I decided to check on my third world and was excited to see that my pigs still existed; however, once I killed them they have not come back - Over 8 days now. Feeling pretty defeated as that world is 790 days. I spent a lot of time searching for worlds with pig torches before starting those games. In this last game, I did not make any modifications to the world generation settings before entering the world. I don't remember if I made changing on the two previous games, but I do not think I did on my 1700 day game. I would love for this to be fixed. 

Share this comment

I was wrong when I said I'd been able to reproduce it. In a new world, pig torches seem to be working correctly. If something is broken, it must have happened during the conversion from old to new world settings. I'll need someone to submit one of their "older" savegames that exhibits the problem, and hopefully with that we'll be able to sort it out.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 7/2/2021 at 7:45 PM, CharlesB said:

I was wrong when I said I'd been able to reproduce it. In a new world, pig torches seem to be working correctly. If something is broken, it must have happened during the conversion from old to new world settings. I'll need someone to submit one of their "older" savegames that exhibits the problem, and hopefully with that we'll be able to sort it out.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

Here is the View Only dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9xoacox66klnuk/PS4.zip?dl=0

Share this comment

On 7/2/2021 at 7:45 PM, CharlesB said:

After I saw this, I went in to see if I could find a new pig world. Found one. Had a tree guard kill the pigs and took the grass tuffs out. Started to pin in the pigs with stonewalls but did not finish before 2 of the 4 pigs came back. When those two came back, I was excited that the pigs regenerated! After the pigs came back, I had a tree guard kill them again and finished the stone walls around the pigs torches. They were not too close about 1.5 or 2 tiles away from the torches. That was day 21 or 22. I am on day 55, and the pigs have not come back. I did not know if this would help. Ill see if I can get that game file for you. Only game setting changed between 22 and 30 was less tree guards. 

Share this comment