Cannot place Incomplete Experiment (PS4/PS5)

PKP987
  • Fixed

My friends and I (playing on Ps4/ps5) did all the steps and placed the 3 alters in the 3 fissures and we prototyped the Incomplete Experiments but are unable to place it on the mysterious energy fissure. As you can see in the picture attached, there is nothing in the way. And we can't move the 3 alters because they cannot be moved after they are placed (not sure why). Anyway, I saw that a couple other players are seeing the same issue on Twitter but they were told that this cannot happen in the latest patch so I attached a screenshot as proof. I hope this gets fixed because we did A LOT of work to get to this point. :(

Steps to Reproduce

1. Place Alters in fissures (our fissures are kind of close to each other but the game INSISTS that they be within 5 tiles)

2. Try to place Incomplete Experiment

3. Can't place it

DST Bug.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This happened to me on xbox one. Iv defeat the champion twice but the 3rd go even in the same 3 spots I'm unable to place my incomplete experiment. And too can't remove already placed alters. My world remains in a lunar state till its fixed :/ hopefully soon

• Like 2

Share this comment

more of my friends are getting this same bug, even in places where they we're able to place it before. To the point that I'm scared to even attempt it again in my world. 

Share this comment

guys, unfortunately it will happen to everyone, the build we have today on the console is broken, until they fix it we will not be able to kill the celestial champion

Share this comment

Sorry for the late reply. This issue comes up if you've placed the three altars too close together. It will be fixed in the next update, next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • GL Happy 2

Share this comment

2 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Sorry for the late reply. This issue comes up if you've placed the three altars too close together. It will be fixed in the next update, next week.

Thanks for the update Charles. Just want to politely add that this is effecting most console players regardless of the actual altar placement. 

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Share this comment

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't realize there were two separate issues that had been fixed. One had to do with the altar placement, the other was with not being able to place the experiment in general.

• Thanks 5

Share this comment

One temporary fix might be living in the caves until we get an actual fix?

Does anyone know if this would for sure stop any damage the moonstorm does above ground? The entire shard wouldn't be loaded so surely staying in the caves would stop moongleams/charged moon rock from doing damage to anything.

I am a little scared to try it though as I don't want to emerge to widespread destruction.

Share this comment