Pacu & flying critter pathing issues

Sasza22
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

The pathing for pacu and flyers seems to break randomly cauing them to get stuck in one place or at the edge of liquid. It might be 2 separate issues, i`m not sure. First the pacu:

20210716021513_1.thumb.jpg.597e42cfe5e7fe0365ec58cc47e53b01.jpg

For some reason the pacu can only path through the bottom tiles. Some of the others can`t move at all (like the pacu group on the top). It seems to be triggered by water level changes which means that the pacu can trigger it themselves through gulp fish for example. Reloading the game fixes it.

The second thing is flyers:

20210412173052_1.thumb.jpg.87d0981ca858147d0cc57dd1b6913e9f.jpg

Despite having full pathing the shinebugs decide to only move at the edge of the water. I got no idea what causes it but reloading doesn`t fix that behaviour and newborn shinebugs act the same. Only clue is that it seems to mostly happen on the second and third planetoid.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Put multiple pacu in a water tank
2. Add or remove some liquid to change the liquid level
3. Wait for the pacu to start gathering into groups not being able to move

Can`t seem to find a way to reproduce the shinebug issue. May have something to do with them hatching underwater.

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Regarding the first bug - apparently it's a "known issue" for 3 years. 3 YEARS!!:

Regarding the second bug:

Share this comment

I was aware that the pacu bug was old but i didn`t encounter the flyers stuck in liquid before the dlc (althrough i saw some slickster weirdness). I assumed this might be a new instance of the old bug but seems like i`m just reporting the same old issue again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Interestingly, I tried another user's suggestion and saved the game before restarting the game. That didn't help but it's for the record that I did that before trying to build over the spot. Right after I did that and unpaused the game, the pacu's immediately without a second moved from the spots. But they are back in them now. I think I am just going to plug those spots and see if it does anything.

Share this comment

It's absolutely not fixed yet.

My feeder has become empty after a prolonged stretch of time and now this happened:

image.thumb.png.566682e3f72677e33faf3465819a5b8a.png

Share this comment