Game crashes when selecting a launch pad for a rocket

DazyCat
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I had a rocket flying back to my main asteroid and I manually selected a launch pad for it. There game immediately crashed. It was the launch pad on the correct asteroid, but the error massage says it's not:

Assert failed: A rocket is trying to travel to an asteroid but has selected a landing pad at a different asteroid! 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

Debug:LogError (object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:142)

Debug:Assert (bool,object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:188)

Clustercraft:CanLandAtAsteroid (AxialI,bool) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Space/Clustercraft.cs:746)

RocketsInOrbitDiagnostic:CheckOrbit () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Diagnostics/RocketsInOrbitDiagnostic.cs:41)

DiagnosticCriterion:Evaluate () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Diagnostics/DiagnosticCriterion.cs:24)

ColonyDiagnostic:Evaluate () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Diagnostics/ColonyDiagnostic.cs:175)

ColonyDiagnostic:Sim4000ms (single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Diagnostics/ColonyDiagnostic.cs:45)

SimAndRenderScheduler/Sim4000msUpdater:Update (ISim4000ms,single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/SimAndRenderScheduler.cs:286)

UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1<ISim4000ms>:Update (single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)

StateMachineUpdater/BucketGroup:AdvanceOneSubTick (single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)

StateMachineUpdater:AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)

Game:SimEveryTick (single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1372)

Game:Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1348)

Build: U38-485768-S

Steps to Reproduce

1. Set a destination planetoid for a rocket

2. Select an existing launch pad from the droplist

3. Game crashes after clicking

屏幕截图(1367).png

屏幕截图(1368).png

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same issue, may be related to the below section in the patch notes being assigned to pre existing rockets in a save. however destroying the rockets, pads, even self destructing the rocket in orbit did not fix the issue. i was able to send rocket to different planet but upon trying to land, crashed with same error

• Rockets now remember their previously assigned Rocket Platform for a given world.
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I had this happen when I built and launched two different rockets from the same pad. I also think it's related to the recent update.

Share this comment

May also be related to 

I get a crash there when leaving one orbit for another planetoid with a launchpad there selected or simply when flying through an orbit (not always, but when it happens it is repeatable). I do have launchpads only in that one target. When I just leave orbit for a tile instead, everything works, including later setting a path to the target and launchpad.

Share this comment

Found a workaround. Rockets can be landed by putting them in orbit, selecting a pad on the asteroid and clicking the Land here button. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

when i attempted to do that the landing pad on the planet i was sending to didnt show anything, but the one it came from did. Upon clicking land here, game crashed.

Constantly says i have a rocket in orbit too, if that helps. i only have 1 rocket.

Edited by Weye22
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Had this happen to me with a round-trip active, the game crashed as soon as the rocket landed on the platform. As it was landing, I could see it already had the destination set as the origin planet with one of its platforms selected - that might be what triggers the crash in this case.

Share this comment

57 minutes ago, Weye22 said:

could be, as i did have round trip active, didnt fix the issue when i turned it off though

I've launched a few rockets without problems, not sure if it's just been luck or not. Every time I set a destination, I make sure I go the rocket pads and specifically choose "any platform", even if it's already selected. Don't know if that makes a difference but, so far, haven't had a crash when doing it...

Share this comment

3 hours ago, RuiPalhas said:

I've launched a few rockets without problems, not sure if it's just been luck or not. Every time I set a destination, I make sure I go the rocket pads and specifically choose "any platform", even if it's already selected. Don't know if that makes a difference but, so far, haven't had a crash when doing it...

Nevermind! Just got hit with the bug when choosing the destination - as soon as I chose the planetoid, the game crashed - didn't even let me change the pad...

Player_211113-2120.log

Share this comment

Same here. Hope this gets fixed asap. Workaround as @MiniDeathStar said:

Rockets can be landed by putting them in orbit, selecting a pad on the asteroid and clicking the Land here button. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Having the same issue. Happen when I either select round trip, or select a specific launch pad. Then crashes on launch of rocket. Also happens if there is multiple launch pads at destination; then it crashes when the destination is selected. This is with asteroids that are adjacent to each other such that their orbits overlap.

Edited by silentdeth

Share this comment

Woo! havent been able to do anything since bug cause my guys will die without their next food and O2 shipment

Share this comment