Pipe thermo censor Show -273C when there is no liquid

landromat
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

image.thumb.png.84cffa80b961f1a0362761aa71f8aa48.png

Steps to Reproduce
I'm trying to make cooling system that will release liquid only if temperature is below 23C, but every second when there is no liquid in censor it shows -273C and opens vent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

I doubt the devs will do anything unless you have a better idea how to do this. Ultimately the sensor can always just have two values for the output signal, so it needs to map "nothing" to something. No matter how you do it, it'll never be perfect.

Besides, what is your actual problem? If you release only water when the sensor shows it's cold enough, then when there's the cold nothing, then you "release" only nothing.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, llunak said:

I doubt the devs will do anything unless you have a better idea how to do this. Ultimately the sensor can always just have two values for the output signal, so it needs to map "nothing" to something. No matter how you do it, it'll never be perfect.

Besides, what is your actual problem? If you release only water when the sensor shows it's cold enough, then when there's the cold nothing, then you "release" only nothing.

no, if censor is far enough from valve. At least is can show temperature of the pipe, not -273C, or it can remember last liquid temperature

Share this comment

Well, the other temperature sensor works the same way:

image.png.3752251f6e61695eca74fca5993edd81.png

But I have a workaround:

Just configure the sensor to be active when above 23°C and put a NOT-Gate right after it.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Azunai333 said:

Well, the other temperature sensor works the same way:

image.png.3752251f6e61695eca74fca5993edd81.png

But I have a workaround:

Just configure the sensor to be active when above 23°C and put a NOT-Gate right after it.

thanks but it triggers 2 times every second from 35 to -273 so inverse signal does nothing

Edited by landromat

Share this comment

-273.15 Celsius is 0 Kelvin. This means there is no energy there. Not a bug, just Celsius being a terrible unit.

Share this comment

actually the difference is that the pipes aren't actually -273 so the sensor should float the last value until a new unit enters, not flutter and flicker requiring the use of edge detectors and comparators

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Risu said:

-273.15 Celsius is 0 Kelvin. This means there is no energy there. Not a bug, just Celsius being a terrible unit.

bug or not, this makes thermo censor completely useless if you need activate it when temperature is set between current water temp and -273 because it just switching on/off every second

Edited by landromat

Share this comment

Sensors should have "Null" as an option.
Similar with everything from automation. "Nothing" is not de same as "Off".

Share this comment