Liquid textures are not shown

abaskakau
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Fixed

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 20.39.03.png

Steps to Reproduce
Just launch the game in steam

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
7 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Try verify the game files from steam. Something got not loadet.

Steam files integrity test says that everything is ok

Edited by abaskakau

Share this comment

Anyone? Can't comfortably play because of this

Tried changing the branch,
Performed sudo find . | grep Oxygen | rm -rf,
Tried rollback to the previous version,
Tried disabling graphic switching -- nothing helps

Edited by abaskakau

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi @abaskakau!

Was this working previously, or have these textures never worked for you?

Would you be able to post your system specs

Thanks!

Hi @Ipsquiggle
Yeah, actually that worked after game purchase. I was thinking that game update broke it but actually not.

The only event occurred before it became broken: I typed the specific seed to play (1689635948)

Thanks for the fast reply

P.S. Textures were broken at Mojave 10.14.3 too, not sure the system update had affected it

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 20.06.24.png

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 20.06.58.png

Edited by abaskakau

Share this comment

the exact same thing happened to me, also around the time of the Mojave 10.14.4 upgrade (I went from 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 on March 27th) and it had been working fine around 2 weeks ago, last time I remember playing. 

Share this comment

This is also happening to me now. It seems like it started when I upgraded from MacOS 10.14.2 to 10.14.4, but I went about a week without playing ONI so I can't be positive. This is on a 2013 Mac Pro.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 10.52.24 AM.png

Share this comment

Can confirm this happened to me immediately upon updating to 10.14.4 (literally played ONI, updated, played ONI again and it had issue). FYI this is also reported in these other bug reports (the last one seems to have good diagnostic information):

Share this comment

This is also happening to me after Mojave 10.14.4 update. Worked fine before the update.

Share this comment

This just started happening to me, but *not* on the live branch, but after updating to q3-322934. 

On Mojave 10.14.4, but had been successfully playing for some time on both q2 and q3. 

Share this comment

Hi all,

I'm having this same problem, which is a shame.  Was working at first (on the first load) and then as of yesterday I get the same issue.

posted my specs below if that helps.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 8.06.14 PM.png

Share this comment

Dear Developer,

Is this bug gonna be solved or not? Your indication as "Known Issue" is not self-explanatory

I just bought the game and after playing three times, I have encountered this bug which prevents me to play the game. If not gonna be solved in near future and I am not able to play the game, I am thinking to ask for refund.

Thank you for your answer in advance.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

These shaders did work for me back in December.  Since then I've done an uninstall / reinstall.

I experience the problem on both the main branch and the QOL3 beta branch.  Verifying files had no effect.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.34.57 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.35.33 AM.png

Share this comment

Sinem,

I've been playing this game on and off for about a year now, and can safely say that they will most likely resolve this issue and urge you to give it a chance.  I do understand how this is a "deal breaker" regarding playing the game, but also urge you to understand that this issue is due to a change in MacOS, not something in the game.  I was able to play the game with no issue in MacOS 10.14.3 and literally right after upgrading (which my machine did automatically), I encountered this issue.  

Quality of Life Mk3 update is expected in the next week or so, and that update looks to be really significant.  Klei has historically been outstanding at listening to their community of gamers, and I am confident they will resolve this issue.  Hopefully in the QoL Mk3 update (honestly hopefully before then), but as a developer myself, I also understand that troubleshooting something in a situation where the Klei developers changed nothing and suddenly have a bug, can be frustrating to say the least.  Hopefully the fix implementation is straight forward and Klei's developers can get their eyes on it soon.

I'm sure they appreciate your patience as they ask for it in the splash screen when the game launches :D.

Have fun!

Share this comment

We've found some hardware that reproduces this, we're hunting down the problem now! Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this comment

Brook thanks for your kind follow-up. But it looks like it is not quite fixed yet. Do you mean if you intend to fix with the upcoming update in five days? Thanks a lot.

5cb2057d18f02_Screenshot2019-04-09at19_29_10.thumb.png.11286a789daa5bbb8bae5cd2136ffb74.png

Edited by Sinem

Share this comment

On 4/13/2019 at 8:51 AM, Sinem said:

Brook thanks for your kind follow-up. But it looks like it is not quite fixed yet. Do you mean if you intend to fix with the upcoming update in five days? Thanks a lot.

5cb2057d18f02_Screenshot2019-04-09at19_29_10.thumb.png.11286a789daa5bbb8bae5cd2136ffb74.png

Agreed! I have not yet had the privilege of playing this game without this bug and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what it is like without the texture glitch. I'm assuming the "fixed" status is referring to a future release since I don't see any recent updates to the game file in my Steam client, but I also wanted to contribute here encouraging this release. Thanks for fixing, and please let us know when the day will come! :)

Share this comment

On 2019-04-13 at 8:51 AM, Sinem said:

That's correct.  The fix is also currently available on the qol_3_testing beta branch on Steam.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment