Heat transfers from Abyssalite. If liquid able to phase change.

NanoD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Heat transfers from Abyssalite. If liquid able to phase  change from the heat in Abyssalite.

So here is the set up. A few test dupes to. Hot Abyssalite and about 30 C crude oil.

232D5095543091A1358BEDCAD68EEB124B74025F

And here is the results 

AFDFD006F67CA095F90AEE655443E0FBFC2726E3

will the devs fix this bug and save the dupes. 

The Hopeful Spacestation.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the save file and run it.

User Feedback

Wow, how many cycles needed for this to happen? It seems to have happened very instantly though.

Edited by GnyoR

Share this comment

This happens when the solid tile is more than 3C above the vaporization point of the liquid. Seems to be with any liquid or any solid. For example, liquid chlorine will vaporize upon contact with an insulated ceramic tile until the ceramic drops to -31.6C. Heat transfer then effectively ceases as should have been the case all along.

It's been around since at least EU. This is one of the reasons for seeing lots of natural gas, or now sour gas, in the oil biome. Map gen occasionally exposes >540C abyssalite to crude oil and then blamo!

Edited by wachunga

Share this comment

I can definetly confirm this bahaviour. I played around with this in debug mode and saw it evaporate 990 kg of -50 degree petroleum in a few seconds. Thats definetly a higher thermal conductivity than 0.000 DTU / (m*s*K).

Pls fix

Edited by MTzu

Share this comment

@NanoD Its not the same bug as the one listed below, but it might look the same for you. i did read you post before placing mine, but your explanation could be incomplete try to add a clear picture and description on how to Reproduce your bug, saying load this save file are not steps to reproduce your bug.

The Abyssalite dos not transfer the heat to other liquids nor gases.

Share this comment

On 9/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, server075 said:

The Abyssalite dos not transfer the heat to other liquids nor gases.

Did you try liquid oxygen or hydrogen?

Share this comment