Gas doesn't stack properly

Gnarmaw
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

image.png.0ee8b28704e52c4caddaa632acd39576.png

The gas doesn't seem to stack properly, as you can see from the picture CO2 is overflowing my base because it's spread out

image.png.0ecead51e02cb118b5b9ac6a2fb294c2.png

My Carbon Skimmer is suffocated by 1600 mg of Chlorine and Po2

EDIT: What it seems to me that's happening is that packets of CO2 don't combine together which causes base to overflow with little packets of CO2 that dupes breath out

Steps to Reproduce
Make some CO2 and see that it doesn't stack properly
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same thing with the low-pressure CO2 expanding from the bottom of my base, pressure 240g/tile and dropping. It seems like the packets not merging could be on to something, however in my high pressure CO2 storage chamber it's equal at 16.1 Kg/tile and small packets incoming through the vent seem to be merging in it properly.

• Like 1

Share this comment

It could be that gas combines if it's forcefully pushed into the same type of gas which happens a lot in your example as new gas pushes other gas packets into one another, but doesn't happen when dupes breath out since they can only do that in O2

Share this comment

You might have the old issue with vacuum acting like gas, that was hotfixed, see if Steam has any updates for ONI

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Gnarmaw said:

You might have the old issue with vacuum acting like gas, that was hotfixed, see if Steam has any updates for ONI

true, i seen the other thread on it:

Share this comment

I have exactly same issue here.

Surprisingly, it doesn't only refuse to be stacked, but also already stacked CO2 'EXPLODES' and ruining everywhere around it.

Attached screenshots shows my water tank once filled with around 1.8kg of CO2 per tile, which now has only around 300g per tile and rest of them are floating around all over my base.

OxygenNotIncluded_2018-09-06_04-24-47.jpg

OxygenNotIncluded_2018-09-06_04-24-50.jpg

Share this comment

I'm having the exact same thing happening. My entire base is being swallowed by 50g of carbon dioxide, my vent to space is overpressured and my electrolyzers wont work due to being completely flooded in hydrogen.

5b903083ca3f4_Schermopname(1).thumb.png.cf9141145990f4ef123bdda5ac5df8b5.png5b90308c822ff_Schermopname(2).thumb.png.141ddce76b04409b2665f9c63ba986f6.png

Share this comment

It's pretty easy to reproduce the problem in sandbox mode: build a 1 by 4 column somewhere isolated, put 18kg of Oxygen at the top and three tiles of 0.1kg each of Carbon Dioxide (or any other gas, I guess) below.

It used to be (but I can't reproduce easily since I can't go back to earlier versions) that the final situation would be 3 tiles of 6kg of Oxygen at the top and 1 tile with 0.3kg of CO2 at the bottom - give or take. Now it just stays like that till the cows come home (and even after that...)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment