game freeze during pipe building.

Xadhoom
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Load save, as they build the pipes the game freezes.

Crash pipe build.sav

to avoid a freeze, i can remove the pipe bridges and add them after the pipes are built.

Steps to Reproduce
load save, let it run while they build pipes, watch it freeze.

User Feedback

Found the same Bug.

If the 4 Plots are connectet by Pipe the Game crashes.
When only the Pipes are removed again a Crash occours.
After rebulding all plots and starting to connect the Plots with Pipes and ech other on the 6 Plot a Crash occours.

Beyond Cycle 26.sav

20190705141711_1_Crash.jpg

Share this comment

I am as well.  This save file is saved right at the crash.  All you need to do is connect the pipe from the sieve to the bathroom loop, then the game crashes to the desktop. 

Settlement.sav

Share this comment

Same issue here.

When the pipe on the lavatory input (marked red in the picture) is built first, and the pipe that connects to it (marked blue in the picture) second, the game will grab all 8GB of my RAM and freeze.

When the blue pipe is built first, and the red one second, the game keeps running without an issue.

20190705183452_1.jpg

Delicate Utopia.sav

Share this comment

So, I have three sinks on the same pipeline. For some reason no matter what I do, 2 sinks will try to drain in the opposite direction. Connecting or removing a pipe attached to these 2 sinks will freeze the game.

Share this comment

Same disconnected all my pipes in my bathroom to troubleshoot the flow bug and now when I rebuild it just freezes the client

Saltweed forever Cycle 262.sav (1).sav

"So, I have three sinks on the same pipeline. For some reason no matter what I do, 2 sinks will try to drain in the opposite direction. Connecting or removing a pipe attached to these 2 sinks will freeze the game. "

I don't think It has to do with the sinks Kerov it's the pipes and the code they use to calculator path maybe? Once the final pipe is connected the whole game freezes

Further testing causes a crash if I destroy pipes that have weird flow as well

Edited by BabiesWitRabies
More info

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Kerov said:

Yeah I added another set to dirty-water my Pinchas and froze again.

I found a fix

So the crash occurs when you connected multiple outputs for PW in a row, but if you create a separate line and connect them all to that and use a single bridge it will prevent the crash and fix the direction issues.

20190705105402_1.jpg

let me know if this works for you

Im crashing again something else interesting just came up. I think I made it worse

This file crashes almost immediately apon entering now

Saltweed forever Cycle 266.sav

It seems this is a minor bandaid fix, once you start adding more outputs to the line it will crash.

Share this comment

Doesn't have to be outputs, I think anything that can transfer heat will crash the game. I tried showers/toilets/hydro farms for some reason sinks don't do it.

I think my final guess is the new hotfix they created to fix elemental changes causes this bug

20190705114556_1.jpg

Share this comment