Cannot build Walls, Doors on top of a Drywall

MaarB
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Fixed

Cannot build on top of a Drywall:

Doors, Walls, Airflow/Liquid 

p

Steps to Reproduce
Just build a drywall and try to build a wall or a Door on top of it.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

but then you can't build any room in space anymore....

all the gases are vanishing into space, because behind the doors, there is no drywall, but open space!

This cant be intended.

->now its as bad as it was when they first invented "space exposure"

;(

but then you can't build any room in space anymore....

all the gases are vanishing into space, because behind the doors, there is no drywall, but open space!

This cant be intended.

->now its as bad as it was when they first invented "space exposure"

;(

Edit: then they can remove the drywalls altogether, because there is no use for them anymore.

haven't they added the Drywalls exactly because of that reason?

So all the work witch went into the drywalls was just a waste of time and money?

Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 18.12.55.png

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Hi @MaarB,

The concerns you mentions are valid and we're looking at addressing them. This change was intentional, but incomplete. There's still work to be done to fix the issues you pointed out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Brook said:

Changed Status to Known Issue

Hi @MaarB,

The concerns you mentions are valid and we're looking at addressing them. This change was intentional, but incomplete. There's still work to be done to fix the issues you pointed out.

thx

it actually makes sense not to be able to build a drywall behind a "regular" wall,

but you still should be able to build them behind any kind of Doors and Air/Liquid-Flow-Walls.

p

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

A temporary solution would be to build a room with a liquid lock behind the door.

thx

but you still cant build a "space-base", you cant create a "room" inside this room,

(they would have to "take a shower" before going "shower", they would have to take a shower if they want to pie, they would have to take a swim bevor eating...or wearing all day a Exo-Suit?)

p

Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 22.55.27.png

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

In the next update, all doors and tiles will prevent gas from escaping through the "back wall" into space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, Brook said:

Changed Status to Fixed

In the next update, all doors and tiles will prevent gas from escaping through the "back wall" into space.

Do we still can't build a wall on a drywall ? It will be annoying. :(

If so, maybe you could set that we can "build" a wall at the same place than a drywall, but the wall would replace the drywall. Just the same as a metal tile can be built at the same place than a normal tile, replacing it. ;)

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Gwido said:

Do we still can't build a wall on a drywall ? It will be annoying. :(

If so, maybe you could set that we can "build" a wall at the same place than a drywall, but the wall would replace the drywall. Just the same as a metal tile can be built at the same place than a normal tile, replacing it. ;)

Agreed, we are looking into this as a possible improvement for a future update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Brook said:

Agreed, we are looking into this as a possible improvement for a future update.

@Brook : Another problem here is when we deconstruct tiles. In space, we lose a lot of oxygen by the time the walls/drywalls are constructed back in its place. We definitely need the option to construct drywalls/tempshift plates behind walls and other buildings!

Please bring back the option to build drywalls/tempshift plates behind walls!!!!

Share this comment

5 hours ago, ArunPrasath said:

In space, we lose a lot of oxygen by the time the walls/drywalls are constructed back in its place. We definitely need the option to construct drywalls/tempshift plates behind walls and other buildings!

Sure you loose a good amount of your atmosphere, but that only happens if you change an existing layout.

=> If you would planned everything before you introduced an atmosphere there wouldn´t be a problem.

(Sure it´s not really a QoL feature to make any layout changes in the space biome more tedious, but I see no real need to reallow it.

If we are able to build walls over drywalls we will still loose some of your atmosphere, but why shouldn´t there be a "small" downside attached to "bad" planning ?)

Share this comment

On 7-2-2019 at 7:59 PM, Brook said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Will the doors, which have opening animations, and the mesh/permeable tiles, which have textures you can "look though" have some sort of back wall texture? Functionally what you propose would definitely fix the problem, but aesthetically you will have a hole/opening to space. This might create the impression said doors and tiles do allow gasses to escape, while that isn't the case. Plus it simply gives an "unfinished" appearance.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

Share this comment

On 08/02/2019 at 10:31 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

why shouldn´t there be a "small" downside attached to "bad" planning ?

As I said in another thread, the 2 closed rooms on the screeshot below have space exposure behind the drywall. But I needed to fill it with hydrogen.

In my opinion, it's not a "bad planning" to leave a hole between the 2 rooms to fill both at the same time.

20190125134306_1.thumb.jpg.9c0fb49ec76b173e7b82dcbcfe57a599.jpg

With the new system, the next time I will need to build this system, I will be forced to set 4 tiles high room ... just to have a "good planning" by putting gaz vent into the 2 closed rooms. :-/

In my opinion, THIS is a "bad planning" ;)

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, Gwido said:

In my opinion, THIS is a "bad planning" ;)

I know that it is limiting some previous possible designs (rooms without vents/pumps^^) and the patch seemed not well planned.

But my point is that we are able to prevent gas loss now, not that we can build everything we could do before.

=> It just changes how we need to build, there is nothing good or bad about it.

(I like a "new" meta that changes my layouts. Keep in mind I am/was building like you Gwido, so I will miss the more compact rooms too^^)

Share this comment

54 minutes ago, N1ghtwish said:

We should be able to build drywalls at least behind the doors :(

All right, I see what you've done with the doors in today's update. I think this is an answer for my petition.

Share this comment