Autosweepers stop working

M.C.
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Sometimes autosweepers sealed in inaccessible rooms (for example, inside a pressurized room with a volcano) stop working completely. A symptom of this is usually -- but not always -- an item in the room marked "! Unaccessible". If the room is unsealed (for example, by unlocking a door) and the item becomes accessible by duplicants, the sweeper starts working... until it breaks, that is.

There have been other scenarios that didn't involve an "! Unaccessible" item. In those scenarios, the only fix is to deconstruct the sweeper and construct it again. Restarting the game, reloading the saved game, deconstructing loaders or receptacles, or changing priorities does not help.

Steps to Reproduce
The most common scenario is a metal volcano chamber during eruption. Other scenarios are random with no rhyme or reason to them.
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Known Issue

Hi @M.C.,

If you have a save that that reproduces this issue please attach it to your bug report so that we can more easily reproduce your exact situation, and confirm that we've fixed it for you.

Share this comment

Down left corner of the main base, there is my ceramic-studio. If one removes permissions to pass the door, the sweeper will stop working in a few seconds. Given back the permissions to enter the room, the sweeper starts working again.

On the left, directly above the oil biome, there is a glass forge, and the sweeper refuses to feed it with sand all the time. I had not figured out yet why.

Bustling Utopia.sav

Edited by SharraShimada

Share this comment

I have this bug with several autosweeper in my game after some time they stop working, save and load helps then they work for some time

very anoying as you always have to look if one has stopped working again, please fix

behavior is with sweepers in restricted chambers but also non restricted sweepers

Share this comment