Auto-disinfect on floors.

cosmochefe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hello everyone.

The new auto-disinfect mechanic needs to be revised. I have a large pool of polluted water with a granite foundation. The base is in contact with slime chunks and the Slimelung germs are migrating rapidly to the granite. Since the Dupes are now auto-disinfecting structures, they keep entering the polluted water to clean the infected tiles. This leads to worse health for the Dupes and a lot of wasted work for the little ones.

Cheers!

Steps to Reproduce
Build a granite tile structure near a slime chunk and watch the Dupes get crazy cleaning it constantly.

User Feedback

You can click currently click on those tiles and disable auto disinfect. You can also adjust the auto-disinfect threshold in the germs overlay. The next hotfix will also let you disable auto-disinfect entirely.

Share this comment

A mass disable tool for disinfect is sort of needed too, if autodisinfect is gonna be a thing. one might want to keep autodisinfect on but only disable certain areas.  it should also be off by default on any ruins

• Like 1

Share this comment

I think the maximum threshold to auto-disinfect should be more than 100,000 germs. Since some tiles can be infected more than 1 million germs. So the maximum threshold should be 1 million at least then the gap between threshold and actual germs will be more reasonable.

Share this comment

I agree with the suggestions. The auto-disinfect feature is cool, but there should be a way to toggle it by dragging around, like the auto-harvest mechanics.

Cheers!

Share this comment

On 8/28/2017 at 7:18 PM, Townkill said:

A mass disable tool for disinfect is sort of needed too, if autodisinfect is gonna be a thing. one might want to keep autodisinfect on but only disable certain areas.  it should also be off by default on any ruins

I would like my guys with high athletics to be able to do supply runs and sweep runs in heavy slime/polution areas I have set to exo suit only.

But then they tend to tie up all my suits and time spraying mist at things.

being able to drag an area similar to how the allow auto harvest works for disinfect is a MUST! have

i really dont wanna spend the effort clicking every tile, wire, ladder and wall in this heavily toxic area I am just trying to get estabilished, so its very slow going only letting 1 guy have access who can dig and build since i only have 4 dups, so i need them all helping out on the main bases tidy needs.

ESPECIALLY when you have outhouses, if tidy is turned off, a dup would rather make a mess than un clog a toilet hes standing at.

That task should be opperate class I think. heh.

toxic area.jpg

Share this comment