Switch/Game crash on result screen

luffysan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Switch Pending

Hello,

I have an issue that appears on switch version.

Issue:Game Crash (close the game showing an error and return to Nintendo menu)

Mode: Rook main story prestige 6 (I never get the issue prestige before).

When: just before is displayed the point result screen (when I beat the final boss or even when I abandon the run)

I tried several different run but I have every time the issue so cannot go on prestige 7.

Please help me yo fix it in order to try prestige 7

Edit: I change my run for Smith and now the same thing happen to me... Please help me because I cannot finish no runs... I have 92 run registered before and didn't get the issue...

Steps to Reproduce

Play Rook story mode on prestige 6 on switch.

Abandon or finish the story.

User Feedback

This seems to be turning into a more common problem and has been listed a few times on this forum since June:

here

here

here

here

There was one dev response in July (in one of the aformentioned threads), saying they were unable to replicate the issue but that's all I know.

Share this comment

I have encountered this issue again, this time after a different experience. I am the original author of this thread: No Run Can Be Completed by Abandoning, Dying, or Successful Completion

This time I had accidentally closed out the game to the switch menu using the home button and confirming I wanted to close the software immediately after selecting a reward card from the first negotiation with the admiralty officer in Smith's story Inheritance at prestige 2 wearing the gambler outfit with the following perks equipped: expanded assortment, socializer, and resolute III.

When I rebooted, there was no run in progress, so I started a new one with the same choices listed above. In the middle of the first battle, I decided to abandon the run from the menu as I had meant to pick negotiation instead of battle. I then received the black screen with the error message "The software was closed because an error occurred."

Now I cannot finish any run by dying, abandoning from menu, or successful completion with any character in any game mode. When I first opened the software again, I had an inheritance day 1 run listed as in progress at 0%, which basic started over but then errored out again when I attempted to abandon the run. I then started the software again, deleted the in progress run, and tried to start a new Smith run and abandon, only to receive the same black screen and error message. Abandoning the run can only be done before the first conversation or battle takes place, but obviously then there is no exp or anything to receive, though it does successfully return to the title menu. This is how I was able to clear the in progress run, as I tried AGAIN, this time deleting the in progress run, starting a new one, then abandoning when met with the first choice of drafting a negotiation or battle card.

The only fix I found before was to completely wipe the game and its save data from my switch AND the cloud storage and redownload and start completely fresh. Having done this before, I would really like to avoid it this time, as even now I still haven't regained all the lost compendium progress I originally had.

My last completed run is showing as having ended on 9/16. I have played multiple times since then, including today (9/17) and abandoning a run successfully before it even started, but that is not listed as a finished run.

I currently have 114 runs listed in my run history. I have no active runs. I've included a picture of the run history screen. Let me know if you need any other information from me to help diagnose and hopefully fix this. I really love this game, and it would be a shame to have to start all my progress over again, and to be frank, at this point I'm not sure I want to if this is just gonna happen again.

PXL_20210917_133112161.jpg

Edited by Rurude
Added number of active runs

Share this comment

I'm still having this issue (can't finish, abandon or lose a run) and it seems to be an ongoing bug since july... It would be great if the developers could give us an update on that because it makes the game unplayable. 

Share this comment

I'm also having this exact issue, I beat Sal and Rook prestige 6 and got 7 but when trying with Smith the game crashes started completely new run still the same thing. Thought it was just Smith, so I did a Sal Brawl crashed at the result screen and same with Rook. I can't complete any run and had the earlier bug and had my data wiped, if it wipes my data again idk if I can continue to play it. The game is fun and I love it but if I get so far and have data wiped twice that'll kill my enthusiasm for it.

• Like 1

Share this comment