Odd birchtree noises

PasssionFish
  • Fixed

Since the latest patch a few hours ago, I noticed birchnut trees have been making odd noises,

it is very quiet and not on all the time, but it reminds me of the lunar island ambiance, must have just been a sound mix-up.

Has been tested with no mods, and with wigfrid, wortox, and wormwood. I cleared all other objects (except ocean and ground since i cant do that) and it is definately the birchnut trees.

@Blue Moth can confirm the noises. 

Sadly I cant record it but it sounds like lunar island noises.

Steps to Reproduce

Stand near birchnut tree, maybe turn your volume up.

Might work better when standing to multiple birchnut trees, have not tested with planted trees yet, but it is there in naturally generated trees.

• Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I was playing my solo dst world and the evergreen trees made a noise as well, only when they were smoldering or burning though, it was a different sound, like beeping but muffled, like mmmm       mmmm.       mmmm.     

Share this comment

Ah, I was about to get crazy about this ! Wondering if it was a mod issue or whatsoever, thanks :wilson_dorky:

• Like 1

Share this comment

you guys really do sound crazy. I cant hear it haha.

Edit: NEVERMIND I HEAR IT, HELP

Edited by Hornete
  • Ninja 1
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment

Is this part of a greater something else?
Are we being brainwashed?

Find out on the next episode of "help the trees are speaking"

As a sidenote, it seems that the sounds for the birchnut trees in particular are caused by their leaves as oppose to the trees themselfs, as it only occurs when a tree is chopped or spawns leaves.

That's why in winter you can't actually hear these sounds.

And the smoldering noises, while similar, happen for all trees that start smoldering.

Honestly I think this is really cool.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Freshness said:

Is this part of a greater something else?
Are we being brainwashed?

Find out on the next episode of "help the trees are speaking"

As a sidenote, it seems that the sounds for the birchnut trees in particular are caused by their leaves as oppose to the trees themselfs, as it only occurs when a tree is chopped or spawns leaves.

That's why in winter you can't actually hear these sounds.

And the smoldering noises, while similar, happen for all trees that start smoldering.

Honestly I think this is really cool.

But why would a TREE beep when its being burned or make eerie noises when its leaves are falling? 

I dont like it and I bet it would be very annoying if you were to base in a birchnut biome, If this is indeed a feature we need a toggle 

to turn it off and on, as I think a lot of people do not like it.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, TheHollowKnight said:

But why would a TREE beep when its being burned or make eerie noises when its leaves are falling? 

I dont like it and I bet it would be very annoying if you were to base in a birchnut biome, If this is indeed a feature we need a toggle 

to turn it off and on, as I think a lot of people do not like it.

Weell, this is really unnoticeable unless you have the ambient audio way louder than anything else to be fair.

That being said this is very likely just a mix-up, as the leaves in ds have a rustling sound effect, so this is likely getting fixed in the end.
The lune trees' leaves will likely get this sound effect which fits really well.

As for what's happening with burnt trees, I don't actually know, but it doesn't strike me as this REALLY distracting issue that needs to be adressed immediately.

I still really love this though since you don't get to hear something as unusual as this very often. I like the more creepy vibe the leaves give off for example.

Share this comment

I frequently play with the music off and I have definitely noticed this. It seems to be all trees - it was happening in the forest biome with no birchnut trees in sight, as well as the deciduous and grasslands. In the latter two, it did seem to be coming from the birchnut trees. Pretty sure I didn't hear it before the latest patch. Edit: I hear this regardless of what I'm doing, For me, it has nothing to do with chopping or interacting with the trees in any way. I hear it just walking down the path.

Edited by Nuwonga
More information.

Share this comment