I am hurt by the fact that you cannot place structures on the DDR floor.

splorange
  • Fixed

As someone who has an intense passion of DDR, I was over joyous over the fact that I learned that the developers of the critically acclaimed Don't Starve franchise included a DDR floor in their flagship game, Don't Starve Together. I hopped on to the game, searched in my world for hours on end to find it, and immediately spent around a week discovering every intricacy within this small aspect of the game. I went through every stage of thought: "Is the DDR floor overpowered?", "Should the DDR floor be nerfed?"; regardless, I immediately started building my base around this new fascination of mine. As I gathered materials for a bee box and attempted to place it on one of the round, satisfying circles, I started violently shaking in shock when I learned it was impossible. At this point I went through every stage of grief, how could this happen to me? Why is this in the game? Could this perhaps be a bug? This is why I present this post to you, the Klei developers of Don't Starve Together. The decision to determine if this is a bug or not lies within your hands, and so does the fate of my joy of the wonderful DDR floor.

image.thumb.png.4f5d93e75d77950b9d81ce7fc73b081a.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. go to the archives

2. try to place something on the DDR floor

3. notice you cannot do so

4. try not to faint

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 6
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It's because this piece is a set piece. It needs to be clear, so it can be used for it's only function- I don't know if you it, so I won't spoil it, but if you put structures on it you would break it's functionality.

You can dance somewhere else, surely. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I am deeply sorry for the grief this has caused you. It may not help at the moment, but we will change this for the next update.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 2

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

I am deeply sorry for the grief this has caused you. It may not help at the moment, but we will change this for the next update.

Thank you for your generosity, and may my passion of dance live on forever!

• Like 3
  • Health 1

Share this comment