Bug with Modded Items

Hornete
  • Fixed

Hey, so this is actually a bug with mods but I was hoping it could be fixed.

Essentially, in my Hamlet Characters mod for DST. While playing Wheeler and holding the Pew-Matic horn or Navigadget. Hovering my mouse over fishing tackles will give me the strings "Attach Tackle".
Screenshot (1494).png
Now of course, that doesn't make sense haha! The reason for this is due to this code in the games component actions.lua file.

oceanfishingtackle = function(inst, doer, actions, right)
            if doer.replica.inventory ~= nil and not doer.replica.inventory:IsHeavyLifting()
                and not (doer.replica.rider ~= nil and doer.replica.rider:IsRiding()) then

local rod = doer.replica.inventory:GetEquippedItem(EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS)
                if rod ~= nil and rod.replica.container ~= nil and rod.replica.container:IsOpenedBy(doer) and rod.replica.container:CanTakeItemInSlot(inst) then
                    table.insert(actions, ACTIONS.CHANGE_TACKLE)
                end
            end
        end,

Here we can see, fishing tackles can be added to ANY container equipped in the hand slots. This works fine for vanilla DST. But it clashes with any modded items that are a hand slot equippable and provide container slots, in which any fishing tackle will show the string "Attach Tackle"

I hope I explained that well, sorry if this is a bother since it's for a mod. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Steps to Reproduce
1. Play any mod with a custom equippable container for the hand slot. 2. Hover your mouse over any fishing bait 3. Look at the strings
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

I've made a change to resolve this issue. It will be in the next hotfix, but will probably not be listed in the patch notes.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment