TIKITORCHES! Yes? No?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. TIKITORCHES! Yes? No?

• Of course.
    • No.. Just, no.

Something about torches has been mentioned some time ago , and in this thread i got the idea (or more like, i refined it) about Tikitorches. Making a new thread for the specific idea.

Tikitorches.

Built by: 1 torch + 1 log (or 2-3 sticks?) + 1 grass (because it lasts longer) + 1 rope

It would be a big torch (duh) you stick into the ground. You can't pick it up again, but you can hammer it, like a structure. It would emit light equivalent of a level 1 or maybe a level 2 campfire, double as long as a normal torch.

You should NOT be able to cook stuff on it.

About the fueling, here are kind of 3 things i had in mind:

Option A: You can turn it on and off (maybe a flint in the recipe for that?) until it burns out. After that, it despawns.

Option B: The same as A, but you can refuel it with a torch. When it's burnt out, it leaves the "stick" in the ground.

Option C: It's like a firepit. When burnt out, you have to throw fuel into it and it gets reignited. Uses far less fuel than the campfire, because it's smaller.

Discuss! Vote at the poll!

Edited by Palpetinus
Recipe change. +1 rope.

Seeing how I hoard fireflies to see a little more of my base, I would really like some kind of easy accessable light of smaller range. of course there needs to be something of a requirement to build it.One concern:I actually think using rope to build it is a GOOD idea, it removes the possibility of people just building a tiki torch instead of a campfire. If it's replenishable, using one rope won't be a problem anyway, it's a base vanity item anyway, by the time you use it 1 rope won't bother you.

Seeing how I hoard fireflies to see a little more of my base, I would really like some kind of easy accessable light of smaller range. of course there needs to be something of a requirement to build it.One concern:I actually think using rope to build it is a GOOD idea, it removes the possibility of people just building a tiki torch instead of a campfire. If it's replenishable, using one rope won't be a problem anyway, it's a base vanity item anyway, by the time you use it 1 rope won't bother you.

Hmm true... Recipe updated shortly :D

Erm, it's a good idea BUT we already have the night light that's made out of nightmare fuel....

It would be more like a vanity item. You can view a little more of the base, you could use it to make a path, for nighttravel, to your beehives for example. Right now we would need ~5 to 10 fireflies instead, for a short path.

Infinite Light Makers 20131. Employ pigs to be your Employees2. Give them a Inventory3. Give them Flint4. Pigs throw in a 4-8 Flint to the TikiTorch5. ???6. PROFITpls develop this.

giving simple commands to mobs like pigs or smallbirds would be cool.

Seriously, why do people steal my ideas? (I had suggested this earlier)

Steal? I asked you (with mention) in the exact same thread where you mentioned it if i can make a thread out of it, with posting the idea itself in the thread. After you didn't answer after 2 days, i just went for it, assuming you don't care.I just didn't mention you in this thread again, because i was assuming that people who are interested in the idea don't really care where it comes from exactly. I linked to the thread and said that i just refined the idea.

Steal? I asked you (with mention) in the exact same thread where you mentioned it if i can make a thread out of it, with posting the idea itself in the thread. After you didn't answer after 2 days, i just went for it, assuming you don't care.I just didn't mention you in this thread again, because i was assuming that people who are interested in the idea don't really care where it comes from exactly. I linked to the thread and said that i just refined the idea.

Oh, sorry, you could have sent me a pm, I don't mind.