Emergency priority instead of (or in adition to) the Red Alert

I'm sure everybody have used the Red Alert sometime to have a dupe just do ONE thing.

It's inefficient to have ALL dupes in alert when only one is needed.

I suggest an emergency priority, but being able to turn on the alert for just the selected dupes would be ok too.

I`ve suggested an "all hands on deck" priority like 3 times already :p. Something that would make a task ignore personal priority and force a dupe out of his current task. It should be doable during red alert and when it`s over the task should go back to 9.

They could always add a "do this now!" button like the "move to" button for emergency tasks on individual dupes.

7 hours ago, Gwido said:

You can allready do this by not using the priority level 9, except when you're in a hurry. ;)

In my bases, the max priority levels for standard task is always 8, and I use the 9th for urgent errands.

I think you misunderstood the suggestion.
The Red Alert makes dupes ignore everything (work time, sleep, eat) and keep working.

3 hours ago, Alpe12 said:

I think you misunderstood the suggestion.
The Red Alert makes dupes ignore everything (work time, sleep, eat) and keep working.

Sorry. I never used the red alert. Except in the first cycle to make all cots, toilets, etc. :p

So, having a "one dupe only" red alert seems useless with the priority system, if all the work is well planned.

The red alert is really for emergencies, like a leak of hot steam to repair. And in that case, I'll pause the game, change the priority of all duplicants and planned my rescue work. I'll don't planned to use only one duplicants. ;) 

Archived