Simple polluted oxygen factory

Just now, PhailRaptor said:

.......If Pufts making Slime for Distillers to make Algae for Terrariums into P-H2O back to P-O2 for the Pufts becomes sustainable, we might be onto a new infinite resource loop.

Which, if the numbers work out, would end up being Dirt positive when the Distiller's P-H2O gets Sieved to clean to be fed back to the Terrariums.  So Filtration Medium (Sieve, back-up Deodorizers) and Power (Sieve, Distiller, lights over Terrariums) go in, and Dirt (Sieve -> Compost), Meat (Puft remains) and Eggs (Pufts) come out.

so this would be an O2 and Dirt positive loop

I'm going to get creative on debug mode to try some designs

I'll start a new thread if it works

8 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

interesting, I wonder if the pufts can provide enough slime to distill to keep the terrariums supplied?

now I wanna design a puft sable too!

I just want to be able to keep 1 pacu alive without it starving to death, lol

5 hours ago, Nickerooni said:

Is nobody interested in polluted oxygen? I've always considered a pretty valuable resource. Especially now that ceramic is so much more useful. You get slightly more oxygen from water -> polluted water(shower) -> polluted oxygen -> oxygen+clay than you do from water -> oxygen+hydrogen. Moreover, it's pretty useful if you want to start some mid-game oxylite production with Dense Pufts - you need the polluted oxygen to kick your prince puft + puft production into high gear. I always thought using mass morbs to be dumb and finicky.

Here's my easy mid-game setup that has enough surface area for polluted water to give off 500 g/s of polluted oxygen. Enough for 5 deodorizers to run non-stop. Tip: Building something like this is a good way to learn all about how to avoid dupes get their head stuck in a building ;).

Spoiler

5bf0748f74a7f_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.90255fff5f94a24351546dd06f75af61.png

I think it's just old news on the forums tbh, lost to the archives of the dreaded search monster :p 

Heres an old thread showing a few different layouts, but you should find a few if you google something like "Polluted Oxygen Generator" or "Polluted Oxygen Factory", sadly the forum search function sucks balls :D 

Archived