Rhinoce"BROS"

CrimXane

let's get this straight. those guys are tough and are not easy to defeat especially when they can buff each other.
so every time we try it, ends up by them reviving each other every time, i have some recommendation but this is not confirmed and i am open to suggestion on how to defeat them.
1- get them both low ( when their faces are smacked ) and then try to get one away and kill it while petrifying the other then charge up on AoE and special attacks and try to kill before reviving
2- [ NOT TESTED ] try petrifying the dead one, if it doesn't work then split up in two teams each one getting them super low and try to end them at the same time
** All Attacks buffs and any animation can be canceled by Lucy so having a Woodie to stop them from Buffing up is essential. ** 
Thanks.

Untitled.png
Klei are we missing something ?!?!?
if so tell us ( ;-; )

Hahaha that face is fantastic.

I defeated them earlier by having one person with Knockback-Resistance armor tanking one apiece, while keeping them relatively close together. Have your AoE damage hitting both, while half the team focuses each one with normal attacks. Use the Sleep/Heal to keep everyone topped up; when one of the Rhinos starts to show their 'damaged' sprite, let that one sleep while your team focuses the other one. Try to get them both close to the same HP, then split focus again and use your big AoE damage to hopefully bring them down together.

Few tips from my experience: 
Don't try to kite them, if you are not a pro woodie. Their charge attack (wich they use if aggro is on distant player) is more powerful than regular melee attacks. Just facetank them with two tanks (usually woodie & wx)
Interrupt their cheering up buff with specials! I believe that this is the most important part. Woodie should keep Lucy aimed. Their attack buff stacks to insane amount (I saw -40 hp per hit).
Keep them at some distance, but with entire party in one screen. I think 1.5-2x diameter of healing circle is ok. At the beginning you can tank them inside just one circle.
After one bro is down, block another one's way with your bodies, and stop him with specials

What I did actually came to me in a dream, funnily enough. I decided to share the strategy with my team and we actually won. We focused one of them with all we had, waited until it was injured, then focused the other one (letting them sleep when possible), and when they were both injured we split up (woodie + wigfrid attacking one, wx + wicker attacking the other) and we did it! Interrupting their buff with specials is important. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.06.16 PM.png

25 minutes ago, CrimXane said:

Oddly Specific Dream i might say.
hahaha nice strategy thank you. :)  

No problem! And yes, it was a very weirdly specific dream...I actually woke up directly after it and opened my computer, like "I've GOT to tell the lads about this one" because I was worried I'd forget...

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 2.07.40 AM.png

9 hours ago, Senfiron said:

Few tips from my experience: 
Don't try to kite them, if you are not a pro woodie. Their charge attack (wich they use if aggro is on distant player) is more powerful than regular melee attacks. Just facetank them with two tanks (usually woodie & wx)
Interrupt their cheering up buff with specials! I believe that this is the most important part. Woodie should keep Lucy aimed. Their attack buff stacks to insane amount (I saw -40 hp per hit). [Verification reqired that the interrupt is actually prevents buff]
Keep them at some distance, but with entire party in one screen. I think 1.5-2x diameter of healing circle is ok. At the beginning you can tank them inside just one circle.
After one bro is down, block another one's way with your bodies, and stop him with specials

charge attack does the same damage as regular melees, but they can be spammed when damaged/revived so its still far more dangerous than just tanking them upclose with melees.

Also I can confirm that you can interrupt their buffs, you have to stop them before the white rhino smoke appears above their head. Thats when the actual buff gets applied. If one gets interrupted, the other will stop.

If I had any advice, it'd be for woodies to save lucy for the buffs. If you're not prepared or expecting the cheer to happen, it'll be over before you realize it. Also switch your targets to the recently revived rhinocebro instead of the one who revived him. The revived bro will get health back, but not the one who did the revive, meaning he'll wear down after enough failed attempts to be killed quicker. 

21 hours ago, Leonardo Cox said:

charge attack does the same damage as regular melees, but they can be spammed when damaged/revived so its still far more dangerous than just tanking them upclose with melees.

Also I can confirm that you can interrupt their buffs, you have to stop them before the white rhino smoke appears above their head. Thats when the actual buff gets applied. If one gets interrupted, the other will stop.

If I had any advice, it'd be for woodies to save lucy for the buffs. If you're not prepared or expecting the cheer to happen, it'll be over before you realize it. Also switch your targets to the recently revived rhinocebro instead of the one who revived him. The revived bro will get health back, but not the one who did the revive, meaning he'll wear down after enough failed attempts to be killed quicker. 

running around in forge isn't advised at all, since most mobs Aggro can change from someone then onto you, like running away from pigs during boaroir wave instead of killing them while woodie keeps the aggro of boaroir

15 hours ago, CrimXane said:

running around in forge isn't advised at all, since most mobs Aggro can change from someone then onto you, like running away from pigs during boaroir wave instead of killing them while woodie keeps the aggro of boaroir

Running boarilla around should be fine as long as you keep it away from the other team by being on the otherside of the map, if you and boarilla are separated from the rest then the smaller mobs should never aggro you. However thats only for boarilla.

When boarrior spawns, you're no longer a runner, you're a MAN tank (primary tank if you're a good woodie who knows how to draw slams).

Archived