Living Staff Healing Calculations

Viktor234

When I was playing Healer as Wickerbottom or watching other players playing Wickerbottom on Twitch, I took myself some notices about the healing with the Living Staff:

Living Staff statistics:

• 24 seconds cooldown
  • 2 seconds cast time (Effect doesn't occur instantly, you need to channel for some amount of time before the effect appears)
  • 10 seconds effect duration
  • 50 Health recieved per cast (5 healing per second)

Depending on your Character and Items the healing is buffed by following values:

1. Healing without any kind of buffs: 50 Health
  2. Healer wearing the Woven Garland (+20%): 60 Health
  3. Casted with Wickerbottom's Passive (+30% [Verification Needed]): 65 Health
  4. Woven Garland + Wickerbottom's Passive (+50% [Verification Needed]): 75 Health

The Forge Cooldown system:

• "10% Faster Cooldown" does not mean the cooldown of your item drops 10% faster (what would mean that you need to wait only for 10/11 of the regular time because your cooldown would drop with the speed of 11/10)
    • With "100% Faster Cooldown", your cooldown won't be reduced by 50%, instead it would drop to zero.
    • It should be more called like "10% Reducement of Cooldown" or "10% Cooldown reduction"
  • The Cooldown of the item is only affected if you're carrying the item and wearing the CDR-Armor/-Headset

The Time between Fighting and Healing:

• 00% CDR: 16.0s; 10s (38.46% Effectivity)
  • 10% CDR: 13.6s; 10s (42.37% Effectivity)
  • 20% CDR: 11.2s; 10s (47.17% Effectivity)
  • 30% CDR: 8.8s; 10s (53.19% Effectivity) (Winona Only)
  • 40% CDR: 6.4s; 10s (60.98% Effectivity) (Not possible yet, only if the next or last armor grants 20% CDR)

The Results:

Blue - Wickerbottom only
Green - Winona only
0% Cooldown Reduction (shouldn't happen at all): 16 seconds fighting, 10 seconds healing

1. 1,92 H/s
  2. 2,31 H/s
  3. 2,50 H/s
  4. 2,88 H/s

10% CDR: 13.6s Fight, 10s Heal

1. 2,12 H/s
  2. 2,54 H/s
  3. 2,75 H/s
  4. 3,18 H/s

20% CDR: 11.2s Fight, 10s Heal

1. 2,36 H/s
  2. 2,83 H/s (Requires Winona or swapping between Crystal Tiara and Woven Garland)
  3. 3,07 H/s
  4. 3,54 H/s (Requires swapping between Crystal Tiara and Woven Garland)

30% CDR: 8.8s Fight, 10s Heal

1. 2,66 H/s
  2. 3,19 H/s (Requires swapping between Crystal Tiara and Woven Garland)
  3. 3,46 H/s
  4. 3,99 H/s

40% CDR (Not possible yet, only if the next or last armor grants 20% CDR): 6.4s Fight, 10s Heal

1. 3,05 H/s
  2. 3,66 H/s
  3. 3,96 H/s
  4. 4,57 H/s

From my statistics, the actual most effective Healers ingame are:

1. 3,54 H/s: Amplifyed Wickerbottom with Silken Wood Armor and swapping between Crystal Tiara and Woven Garland
  2. 3,19 H/s: Winona with Silken Wood Armor and swapping between Crystal Tiara and Woven Garland
  3. 3,07 H/s: Amplifyed Wickerbottom with Silken Wood Armor and Woven Garland
  4. 2.83 H/s: Winona with Silken Wood Armor and Woven Garland

But remember that your Wickerbottom needs to be amplifyed to become a better healer than Winona. The Clairvoyant Crown might help in amplifying Wickerbottom but it looks more like an Item for the Infernal Staff user.

Please comment if you find any mistakes on my statistic.

I'd say that considering that both me and Arcwell got the same numbers in our completely independent tests it's safe to assume the numbers were correct last year. 

The difference between this post, and last year's posts lies in the strength on the heal itself.  It was 60 last year, but if this year it is indeed 50, of course the numbers would differ. 

I think the only factor that is missing is that while using Winona the time ratio the team is *taking* damage vs. time *not taking* damage is ignored and is better using Winona over using Wicker.  Yes, you have taken into account time healing versus time not healing but that is only half of the story.

I certainly don't claim that this tips the numbers to make Winona the better choice and indeed many people may still prefer to have more dps time and stronger heals by using Wicker, especially with speed run quests and trying to time meteor strike cds and other weapon cds.

But as a pure survivability factor it should not be ignored.

Archived