Can guard's not fight with torches?

I'm assuming you are talking about during bat attacks? If that's the case then all you need to do is hide in a building until morning and there's no risk for them to set fire to anything, and the bats will wait to spawn until you go outside again. As for them setting fire to large patches of grass when trying to kill weevoles- I personally don't mind it, as it creates a lot of ashes and the weevole shells don't set fire. Free food!

16 minutes ago, SleepySheepy said:

I'm assuming you are talking about during bat attacks? If that's the case then all you need to do is hide in a building until morning and there's no risk for them to set fire to anything, and the bats will wait to spawn until you go outside again. As for them setting fire to large patches of grass when trying to kill weevoles- I personally don't mind it, as it creates a lot of ashes and the weevole shells don't set fire. Free food!

Not just bats, also the mugger pigs.  The fact that you they risk setting what is supposed to be an island of stability in a much more dangerous world on fire is kinda throwing off the tone.

33 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

Not just bats, also the mugger pigs.  The fact that you they risk setting what is supposed to be an island of stability in a much more dangerous world on fire is kinda throwing off the tone.

I understand your point, but there are still ways of avoiding it! For the thieves, it's all around better to avoid spawning them until you have blow darts or are somewhat prepared to fight them for their loot. The way to avoid it, is to simple hide your oincs in your backpack! I'm not sure if this is intended, but as of now, it works fine. 

Regarding the fires throwing off the mood of a town lead with stability, I agree, and until Klei DOES fix this somehow so it's less of an issue, there are steps you can take to all around avoid the fires! I simply just wanted to inform you of those ways so you can use them until the fire issue is fixed (If at all).

Yeah, it made me feel real unsafe when I had a science machine in the village (Before I got the slanty shanty) because they kept setting fire to everything. The pig guards are constantly setting fire to everything. At least where there is already light (Like the pig village), they should switch to their halberds. 

I agree, it is really annoying that the pig guards fight with torches at dusk and night.

While it is easier for the player to fight a guard for the first time at dusk (because the torch will deal less damage than the Halberd) I would rather have them wear a Cork Candle or a Miners Hat (which could be destroyed on killing a pig guard so the player won't obtain it).

Here is why. Not only do they burn a part of the pig city during vampire bat attacks, but it is actually dangerous to recruit the guards with the security contracts. The just burnt one of my bases when I recruited guards for the first time, when I had grass tufts planted close enough to each other at the opposite side of the pig city regarded from my base.  ( grass--base--city )
So, the grass tufts spawned Weevoles, which did not really bug me (pun intended), but the guards that were supposed to protect me decided to burn them, resulting in igniting the grass, spreading those flames to the farms, etc.
Sure, you could plant your grass further away from your base. But the same problem would apply if there was a bat attack at dusk or night if you had recruited guards. You could not stay in your base, because the guards would burn it trying to 'protect' you.

Please change that!

royalguard_candlehat_better.png

Archived