Help on dealing with second season?

I'm more confused on how to deal with the second season where theres fog usually and lightning. I wear the pith hat to negate the movement speed debuff, but then I constantly get struck by heat-seaking lightning missiles if I leave the vicinity of my lightning rod. If I wear the lightning-bird hat that negates lightning, THEN i move too slow to do anything since i can't also wear the pith hat. On top of that ridiculousness, I have to usually deal with hardly being able to see ANYTHING in the first place because the vision radius is TOO low with fog. Not to mention i'll get soaked eventually as well. I've died twice already by lightning repeatedly striking me for some unknown reason, like am i supposed to wear the hat to negate lightning but move at negative speed?

AND, even if i can negate all these bad effects like lightning and fog slow at the same time, I CAN'T get rid of the vision radius. Regardless of being able to remedy the others, I believe that this fog is too ridiculous to stay in the game in it's current state. I get you want to make it the hardest DLC, but I actually want to see WTF im doing and looking at without guessing, and it overall makes the whole experience boring and tedious.

Use cowl. Its source (batilisk wing) is limited though (and you can't sew it), it provides both protection from speed reduction from fog and limited sight from fog.

Or stay inside in ruin/cave/housing since the duration of fog got a bit shorten compare to previous versions.

21 hours ago, Null1314 said:

I'm more confused on how to deal with the second season where theres fog usually and lightning. I wear the pith hat to negate the movement speed debuff, but then I constantly get struck by heat-seaking lightning missiles if I leave the vicinity of my lightning rod. If I wear the lightning-bird hat that negates lightning, THEN i move too slow to do anything since i can't also wear the pith hat. On top of that ridiculousness, I have to usually deal with hardly being able to see ANYTHING in the first place because the vision radius is TOO low with fog. Not to mention i'll get soaked eventually as well. I've died twice already by lightning repeatedly striking me for some unknown reason, like am i supposed to wear the hat to negate lightning but move at negative speed?

AND, even if i can negate all these bad effects like lightning and fog slow at the same time, I CAN'T get rid of the vision radius. Regardless of being able to remedy the others, I believe that this fog is too ridiculous to stay in the game in it's current state. I get you want to make it the hardest DLC, but I actually want to see WTF im doing and looking at without guessing, and it overall makes the whole experience boring and tedious.

Don’t bother making anything for the second season, I don’t know who you are playing as but the fog only lasts for a little over a half a day, just go on about your business and it will clear up in no time. And lightning rarely strikes you if you are moving (Unless you are WX).

Archived