My Wishlist and balance suggestion compilation

Hello, I have sunken quite a few hours, would like to give a few suggestions.

1. Bring back the ancient tab, crafting station should be deep in the ruins. You will need to fix the crafting station using various things.

2. Allow us to craft fish farms, cloth sail, boat repair kit, boat lantern, bottle lantern. Bring back the shoal, poison mosquitos(occasional). Bring back the occasional river water crocodogs or piranha attack. Have a vegetable grow in the lakes(plantable). Make it bigger and narrower!! One of the ponds should have bioluminescence

3. Introduce at least one plant with fruit/vegetable that grows naturally in the land. Reduce the no. of asparagus, radish and drop rate from rainforest trees.Suggestion cocoa/sugarcane/citrus/dates

4. Have cave clefts few mushrooms, guano, and light flowers(very scarce). They should be a few larger sized rooms also. Have at least one respawning mob in them snake den/scorpion den/worms den/termites. New resource in caves: fungal pods/truffles(can be used to craft antibiotics: cures disease from bats/musquitoes/hayfever & limestone/sand.One passive mob in caves. Flooding can be done, to them accessible in only a few seasons. After each flooding cycle, the mushrooms & truffles regrow.

5. Pig guards are now way too buffed. Give us at least the time to hit twice.

6. Giant grub & platypus should drop some loot.

7. Nerf hayfever season a little. Fog filter should also be toned down a bit & penalty should be applied in some other way.

8. Many items price needs to be readjusted. You can pick them from the shelf and sell them for more Oinc's . Some way to convert the oddity shop ingredients deerclops, walrus tooth etc items. Blacksmith/Crafting pig unlocked somehow in the late game.

9. Make all the islands like 30% larger. Biomes need to be a little separated from one another. Larger forest biome with more trees, and larger lakes. More fleshed out tea tree biome, iron hulk biome. Spread the cave clefts(make them an interconnected network) and ruins(separate them into another instance).

fun_design.thumb.jpg.71b98252c4cc410807955ec2927af879.jpg

10. Introduce a few light sources. The glowfly should stop being active in the day. I assume that is how the flytrap cycle is managed that needs to be handled accordingly.

11. Bring back the wind resistant(also fog resistant) cloths. Poison spear & poison dart. One body slot armor to prevent poison/ hay fever.

12. Give some utility to the sprinkler. Faster farming?

13. Give us the fences and gates. Add other QoL changes like hold item in mouse and still able to work.

14. Palm leaves hut(rain protection) and chiminea equivalent(strong drying effect near it & resistant to wind) as the oscillating fan is pretty late game so that making bases elsewhere is also feasible. Also, the drying effect of the oscillating fan is too strong, needs to be nerfed down a little.

15. New Wickerbottom book 

16. Some more dishes (3-4 more), +2 dish for Warly.To make tea, vegetable stinger lets have a juicer instead of the crockpot

17. In general, more powerful mobs should reside deeper in ruins like spider queen, nightmares, glowworms. etc.Dead ends should lead to bigger rooms with few resources like gold, gems, thelucite. Smashing Pot should not give twigs & grass instead have higher spawn chance for scorpion and snake.

18. New treegaurd & hunt animals.

19. Give us some new setpieces.

20. Iron hulk mining small percentage(2%) to get gears.

21. Treasure bag: Ability to carry 16 treasure but no items.

Keys for some ruins entrances!! Gem + Iron x 5,Gem + Gold x 5,Gem + Alloy x 5 craftable inside ruins special structure

Ruins some area should be accessible by blowing up with gunpowder/dynamite weak walls, visible only if we have the x-ray vision from the cowl

22. Wishing well: Give us useful items but with a cooldown, should be deeper and guarded by a powerful mob.

23. +1/+2 no. of spider monkey trees should spawn per cocooned tree

24. Harvester/ leafcutter ants, these actually collect nectar from flowers and slowly make honey/ do some primitive farming.

25. Have pig guard type 1 2 3 different stats. One hard hitter and other beefier health.One with a different attack pattern

27. Flippable rocks can be refreshed per 2 seasons.

28. Machete should do bonus damage against hanging vines, flystalk mobs.

1. Warbucks should receive bonus sanity from dubloons too.
  2. SpiderApe's should be neutral to both Webber & Wilbur. Disguise for both of them to trade.
  3. Make Walani's surfboard craftable & Woodleg's Sealegs craftable(exchange dubloons in piggy bank and Seashell from 2nd island oddity shop).Woodlegs gets one more item from buried treasure.
  4. +2 reciepes for Warly corckpot (many foods cant be crafted here)
  5. A new book for Wickerbottom.(On tentacles/meteors won't be available here)
  6. Nettle roles equivalent for Wigfrid

30. Coffee bush should be plantable in roc Nest Biome. It looks very bland needs a better turf.

31. There should be more sparkling pools. Stepping on them should add to wetness.

32. Shelf restocking should be done per 14 days. That way having 2 shops of the same type gives any value. The items should be rerolled at the beginning of each morning before opening the shop.

33. There should be a period when hippo become aggressive. And the mosquitoes turn into poison ones.

34. Make the cultivated biome flooded after heavy rain instead of so much environmental fog. Fog should be dense in the rainforest and forest biome while lesser in cultivated, iron and city biome.

Part 2

35. Grocer sells things way too cheap. It may be okay for early game but it totally breaks mid game. The price of grocery & deli should increase up to (2x/3x) over time & have a few occasional sales. Same goes in weapon shop Halberd = 5 Oinc?. Makes any kind of resource collection pointless

Pomegranate seed = Pomegranate = 1 Oinc (makes farming useless)

Banana = 1 Oinc, Other veggies = 1 Oinc, FrogLegs = 2 Oinc, Ice = 1 Oinc, Drumsticks = 2 Oinc

This makes 

FroggieBunwich = 5 Oinc

Banana Pop = 4 Oinc

Meat Balls = 5 Oinc

Also Deli Sells

Pumpkin Cookie = 3 Oinc 

36. Academy should sell paper and a unique magic book.

37. Add the DST scarecrow to the pig farms/berry bushes. Make farming great again!A third type of farm You should have chance to get 2 veggies.

38. Crumbling brazier should have a good drying effect. Destroying it should yield a gem.

39. Please give us the glowberry plant.

40. Retexture the butterflies to fit the theme & the fish(the new fish looks ugly)

41. Have bioluminescence in the pond of the pugalisk island in full moon. Allow us to craft bottle lantern.

42. One new type of shadow creature.

43. Let us have a mant village with farmers & traders(selling primitive stuff).+2 entrance/exit for the mant system(in the second island). Having a very high reputation with mants will let you pass through to the island 2. 

So it works like Island 1->Mant System 1 -> Caves System(Difficult mobs)->Mant System 2->Island 2

43. Item table changes: roe in the grocer, palm leafs in mud spa. The grocer should sell veggies native to the hamlet. Makes bottle lantern, palm leaf hut, fish farm craftable.

44. Quarry lodging should have an entrance to a cave system in the middle filled with dangerous mobs and exit in the gas forest biome. Faster access to the city !! All cave systems on an island should be connected, using dynamite(use cowl for viewing cracks in wall), grappling hook ropes, small wooden bridges/ladder to establish a connection between them.

45. Customization to increase the size of the lakes and branching in map generation. Also to increase the number of islands.

47. Hayfever penalty should be progressive and move to different stages. Post first stage a new item called antibiotics needs to be crafted to cure it. A disease can also be gotten from vampire bats.

49. Adventure guild which gives advanced exploration items after completing the quests:

Ideas: Torch, batteries, glowstick, grappling hook, makeshift bridge, sleeping bag, pencil(map of the cave), folding multi-tool, pocket knife, bear trap

50. Interesting world places

a stranded animal in a trap, rare fish in a pond, hunting zebras by a new mob, fisherman pig near lake biome

51. Ability to convert poison frog legs to gland + frog legs

52. New Craftable suggestions:

Antibiotics = 2 Fungal pod + 2 Venom Gland + 1 Spider gland,

Juicer = 2 gear + 3 Alloy + 2 gold,

53. Make piko's tree spawner renewable.

I like a lot of the suggestions (beside nerfing guards.. i think they are great right now though having multiple types would be awesome), but i think you are forgetting that the game is created for multiple ways to be played and some stuff is also added to make it easier for the first timers or more novice players.

The deli and the food store are a good part of that. Yes the deli sells some stuff that is too pricey or not pricey enough but it does help a lot for a novice to be able to pick it up. Also, the veteran player won't be using that anyway since there are better ways to make food etc.

I think a lot of the items will return and they aren't in simply because its still early access (like we have boats without torchs and without boat repair kits).

As for the ones i disagree with:
7. Nerf hayfever season a little.fog filter should also be toned down a bit.  = I think having a smaller fog while wearing something to counter it could work but it shouldnt be reduced otherwise. It removes the whole point of having it.

30. Coffee bush should be plantable in roc Nest Biome. It looks very bland needs a better turf. = Coffee completely break shipwreck and I'd be happy if it wasnt the case in this game as well. Having it sold in shops only reduce its availability to a point where its not overpowered.

The ones I love and would love to see implemented:
4, 8, 13, 21

--Pogs should be less voracious, or at least unable to get into containers.  Or more picky about what they eat.  Other than the Bearger (the other mob who can get into your fridge and chests, and he's a BOSS) I've never yet seen any other mob that eats _everything_, constantly...

--When you leave the poison forest the poison effect should GO AWAY.  Apparently it's supposed to, but for me it didn't?  Dunno if that's a bug or not.  Anyway I got way the hell away and Willow kept complaining about smoke without fire and then keeled over ded.

...Notorious

Archived