Has anybody crash game again and again WHILE playing the Forge?

CrazyMoeMew

This problem can't be reproduce by sequence because I don't know how it should happened. And this problem almost happened in each 1 of 3 matches. REALLY bad experience to me. (smh

It seems like some sound device based system module of this game generate an unhandled exception. 

Therefore, the client_log.txt file won't record anything of this crash. Also neither the .mdmp file in the game bin path can be created because it an unhandle exception. 

When it's happening, the windows frame will stop working and popup a problem window just like below:

1.thumb.png.cae6bae34953c21922003581cdd328ce.png

And the detail of this crash always points to the same system module called "fmodex.dll" with the same error code "c0000409" (in the bin path of DST) 

2.png.e1c341621e710c8cb02171e07435852d.png4.png.8c8d746ed0a7cfdd06d8e1ef36aed20f.png

I just wonder if there is anybody have the same issue. so we can make a conclusion of this problem. 

And some extra info of this crash.

Although, it happens just like random number generator. but I notice that it tends to occur while the battle is in the fierce time. (Lots of fx and sound played) 

I googled this module it seems a kind of sound basic lib. so I may check my audio card driver first and keep an eye on this topic. 

Yes. I'm crashing constantly, to the point that it's making it really tough on myself and my team playing the event with me.  It's become a huge barrier to playing/enjoying the Forge. You think it's linked to a sound issue? Beta I didn't notice it but now playing Woodie and listening for sound cues the game is missing playing the boarilla roar on spawn and also doesn't play some of the hit sounds on the boarilla, for example. Was really messing with my timing and making animation cancelling difficult today.

The sound issue just cropped up today on beta end, but the crashes have been a regular occurrence for me for the original Forge & Gorge as well. Getting really desperate for a fix... it's really become a hindrance. 

But YES I'm also getting NO MDMP files generated from it either. My last MDMP generated was around gorge time last year. Help Klei! Please prioritize a fix for this. I'll do whatever I can to help track this problem down.

However I'm getting no windows error message pop-ups whatsoever. Am in full screen. It sometimes stutters sound right before it crashes but sometimes it's just a silent dump to desktop, sometimes black screen right before sometimes not I think.

sad to see there's so little about this, its definitely crippling my forge experience. at first it seemed like it was more likely after multiple runs, so i started closing the game after every match, but even that wasn't enough to stop it. i've been playing for almost a year and haven't experienced any crashes during normal gameplay or during the gorge. i'll double check the next time it happens, but i'm pretty sure i'm getting the same error code

4 hours ago, Bhakta said:

sad to see there's so little about this, its definitely crippling my forge experience. at first it seemed like it was more likely after multiple runs, so i started closing the game after every match, but even that wasn't enough to stop it. i've been playing for almost a year and haven't experienced any crashes during normal gameplay or during the gorge. i'll double check the next time it happens, but i'm pretty sure i'm getting the same error code

My advice is to update your audio card driver and mute the game audio or turn it down. 

Archived