Dlcs and lore

So (clap clap) since Hamlet's 'round the corner I decided to start a disscussion about canoness of dlcs.

I think that they are very much canon and here's why.

It seems that Constant is a place of average video game logic where death doesn't matter- you can kill a creature and it'll come abck as long as its spawn point is not destroyed. For bunnyman it's their hutches, for pigs- pig houses and for spiders- their dens. For player it's: That place in vanilla/rog where there are 3 flowers, for shipwrecked it's debrits, for hamlet- ballon crash and for dst it's florid postern (endless mode is a great example).

Now you may ask "What does this have to do with dlcs being canon?". Well what if Wilson once tried to escape via sea, died in shipwrecked, spawned again in rog. Then he tried to use ballon, died in Hamlet and spawned again in Rog. Cycle repeted itself (Wilson (and possible other survivors) dying in different dlcs) untill he discrovered maxwell's door and the whole cyclum and new reign happened.

This would perfectly keep the lore as it is now. Also different quotes from Gorge and Hamlet's content show the connection between dlcs: In Gorge Sammy and Pipton talked about merms escaping in the sea and what do we see in Sw? Merms that can fish- sign of merms evolving after they've been infected by gnaw. In Hamlet in the 2nd pig town there're bushes shaped like beefalo and pig king. Neither are present in Hamlet but pigs know about them

What's your opinion on this?

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

So (clap clap) since Hamlet's 'round the corner I decided to start a disscussion about canoness of dlcs.

I think that they are very much canon and here's why.

It seems that Constant is a place of average video game logic where death doesn't matter- you can kill a creature and it'll come abck as long as its spawn point is not destroyed. For bunnyman it's their hutches, for pigs- pig houses and for spiders- their dens. For player it's: That place in vanilla/rog where there are 3 flowers, for shipwrecked it's debrits, for hamlet- ballon crash and for dst it's florid postern (endless mode is a great example).

Now you may ask "What does this have to do with dlcs being canon?". Well what if Wilson once tried to escape via sea, died in shipwrecked, spawned again in rog. Then he tried to use ballon, died in Hamlet and spawned again in Rog. Cycle repeted itself (Wilson (and possible other survivors) dying in different dlcs) untill he discrovered maxwell's door and the whole cyclum and new reign happened.

This would perfectly keep the lore as it is now. Also different quotes from Gorge and Hamlet's content show the connection between dlcs: In Gorge Sammy and Pipton talked about merms escaping in the sea and what do we see in Sw? Merms that can fish- sign of merms evolving after they've been infected by gnaw. In Hamlet in the 2nd pig town there're bushes shaped like beefalo and pig king. Neither are present in Hamlet but pigs know about them

What's your opinion on this?

Makes a lot of sense. You've convinced me. 

Makes sense, also in one of the houses in Hamlet you can see a painting of Pig King but it is blurred. If it is the same pig king or someone in the past is unknown but it wouldnt suprise me if it is a former pig king who like the one we see in the Constant.

I think there is a pun behind Pig King leaving Hamlet and the Pig Queen to "roam freely like cavemen" in Constant - in Museum for example, first Hamlet town, you can see mentioned blurred picture of PK we all know: all this can be interpreted as "man of pompous house leaves duties and family to be with fellow manly-men into wild, without worries like... tribal pigs". Hence the allured pun. Maybe even a social commentary, heh.

Archived