Analyzing resource spots - At which point is the value defined ?

Does anyone know at which point the output value of a resource source is defined by the game ? I would guess its exactly at the point when the analysis is 100% completed by the scientist, but perhaps someone else knows the exact details on how the game handles it ?

image.thumb.png.a547d7002fd04c3145398f5733f3909e.png

The output amounts of any volcano, vent, or geyser is determined by the world seed.

You can see this in action when you look at https://oni-seed-browser.herokuapp.com/seeds and notice that any seed that is filled out with geyser output values will always be guaranteed, based on that seed.

It has nothing to do with the analysis of the geyser, all that does is give a bit of extra information in the tooltip.

Thank you crypticorb for your answer, yeah was thinking about that just now coming from that website :)

You think in the debug mode the value is already defined in the moment the resource point (Geysir etc.) is placed, without having it analyzed ?

I cloned the already analyzed one ( left, 94.8) in debug:

image.png.9383cd555fa14ad4947ff8906a4c2e07.png

The ( right side ) copy has completely different values, so I guess thats a "Yes" ?Im thinking out loud :confused:

Left one: 94.8

image.png

Right one: 174.1

image.png

3 minutes ago, babba said:

Thank you crypticorb for your answer, yeah was thinking about that just now coming from that website :)

You think in the debug mode the value is already defined in the moment the resource point (Geysir etc.) is placed, without having it analyzed ?

I've read somewhere that it's actually location based, not randomized or predetermined some other way. I can't guarantee this information, but from what I've seen if you place a slush geyser and record its output data, remove it and place a new one, it will have the same outputs based on position. The world seed doesn't actually generate the output values based on anything, it just knows the position of the geysers and the numbers are based off of that.

I haven't figured out how to manually place geysers in debug other than the prefabricated ones. I can't guarantee this will work with geysers placed in that method.

If you want, you can alter any geyser to do whatever you want with this tool: https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/ It can change any geyser to anything else, any output, even output types that are not allowed, like gaseous steel. Use caution when using it though.

Superb help and information, thank you :p

I have noticed that playing on custom map sizes does, as an example, sometimes creates dislocated Gravitasbuildings ( like floating in space ). I dont know how the game interchanges seed numbers in terms of database(s) and what exactly generated locally and how the transaction data submission on seed values between players or/if to somewhere else works.

So tile location based...Mhhhhhh. Mhhh.

Klei had reduced the map size to 25% long time ago for default map size players. Mhhhh. :confused:

So there may be still players with seed numbers from before the default map size reduction. Mhhhhh. Location based...mhhhh. :confused:

X: 512 Y: 2048 = 1048576 Tiles ( My played seed - 10.66x larger )

X: 256 Y: 384 = 98304 Tiles ( Current players default tile size )

My x10.66 map size seed, example of dislocated Gravits building:

image.png

My findings in debug with resource outputs, messing with map tile locations and resource sources

The right one has 174.1

image.png.b9d9cb881cffb36114287bf3a07a2bd2.png

Deleted it in debug

image.png.8b10ca18fbc94af17bb187efe19991bf.png

Selected the left 94.8 in debug

image.png.7c0b1c638ddc105dd701ca8335427a76.png

Preparing to copy the 94.8 from the left... in to the right side location, exactly on to the same previous tiles

image.png.af43808400a9a49638f69597bc72464e.png

The right one again has the same 174.1 output, pastings it on the previous exact same tile location

image.png.139b9539e02fa8b3ab0233642345d717.png

------------------------

Now I want to destroy and move that right side fissure 174.1 , placing it this time 1 tile further to the right - To see if it makes a difference.

image.png.5f3938abe29e61068cbaab12f305616e.png

Destroyed the right one

image.png.d4f8f871581178342c0be8aa72613554.png

Copied the left one, this time one tile further to the right

image.png.ae27b5e182ed7799b141306570cf6835.png

Placing it now - DIFFERENT VALUE of 240.2 ! Just buy placing it on a different tile

image.png.0c1a23414b83513710093ac03709a488.png

------------------------

Now Im guessing: Maybe every ( combined tiles ? Depending on the total tile size of the source ? ) tile has a set multiplicator for output, idle time etc ? One could test that by copying multiple different resource sources on similar tile positions. I dont know, Im just guessing. If somebody knows exactly how the system works, please let us know :) 

------------------------

In terms of tiles, tile locations and otherwise other data transfer I find this interesting:
"Please upload only legit seeds - from original, vanilla world generation, created in the current game version."

https://oni-seed-browser.herokuapp.com/seeds/modimport

In an effort to provide the maximum water supply per tile efficiency for my mega size base, it is actually possible to overlay multiple resource sources on top of each other.

The roaring sound is deafening, it sounds like at the Niagara Falls. :D

image.thumb.png.85ef252992ea2a0ce3bf9c5249501e8a.png

image.thumb.png.151296f7ebd051660a94d830a4a5a913.png

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

... and here I thought my seed with 3 slush and 1 polluted water geyser (not counting the defaults) was more water than I could handle.

Hey KittenIsAGeek...Yeah, I saw in the forum or somebody writing about not having enough water :p Im building the water supply for map electrolzyers, so I dont need to refill by debug hand. I so hope that it may be possible someday to name areas, to be able to put signs up. To remember why things had been built the way we did.

Archived