On the absence of the Hunt, and Huntable Animals.

Hey, y'all! Don't mind me letting this out of my chest:

So this beta's came out -  and nary a single huntable animal is in sight, nary a single Suspicious Dirt Pile to clap my eyes on in search of elusive beasts. It pains me, frankly speaking. The thrill of the hunt and its' rewards is one of the best experiences in Don't Starve, present even in any of the preceding DLCs. It's literally the perfect setting for a hunting expedition. We even have a new character who visually looks the part of a game hunter, leaning on a Blunderbuss and commenting about how it'll "be the best game to remember". And yet, not a single hunt... (And let us not mention that Warbucks is more fit to the role of Explorer in terms of gameplay. Ouch.)

But, well, it's still a beta, so maybe they'll add it in the official release, perhaps with added twists and tricks, I would like to believe. I think it would be a challenging, high-risk, unique-drop enemy like the Ewecus.

What do you guys think?

when i saw the trailer (before beta was released) i actually thought the pugalisk was a hunt surprise of some kind.
i really hope they will add some kind of hunts, would be really nice if a specefic boss could only be encountered while tracking whatever needs to be tracked.
maybe even herds?

Archived