Rockets + Bunker Doors

This my current setup:

SpaceAutomation.thumb.png.905759678433e03bbd8d48489f817ef4.png

The green wire from a bottom - signal from scanner, red wire from bottom - manual switch to open doors.

How it works, if rocket is present (signal from scanner) and ready to launch (signal from capsule) then gantry retracted, and bunkers doors start to open. Most right buffer gate prevent rocket from lift up to early. When rocket leaves - signal from scanner turn off and bunker doors are closing.

For now i have to manualy open doors for landing rocket, but in theory you can hook up some water clock for it. When rocket lands, gantry extends and doors start to closing (left buffer prevent ii from extending/closing too early).

I'm hopping that Klei somehow fixes timing for scanner and landing rocket, and do something with landing rocket during a meteor shower, then it can be fully automated system.

Edit: IT MUST BE FILTER GATE INSTEAD RIGHT BUFFER GATE. I made a mistake when increased height of rocket and reconstructed logic...

The general opinion player-side seems to be that the Rocket detection bit is not yet correctly implemented.  The amount of warning the system receives does not give enough time to open a set of Bunker Doors before the Rocket comes in for the landing, meaning that the Bunker Doors and probably the Gantries will be Broken each and every time.

its always that Incoming  Objects when my rocket is not even flying.

This is a bug (I already reported in development version) . I switch it whit an liquid sensor set at 1 kg :) and activate it when the mission is 96% complete. 

Important advice: SAVE THE GAME BEFORE ROCKET LAUNCH. If you have a rocket on mission and you load the game whit that rocket in mission, the rocket will return without liquid tank, oxidizer tank and rocket engine, or if return whit that parts, on landing game will crash. 

My game also crash when unload the astronaut (not the deconstruction part), and when the bottom base of the rocket melted :) ( i used mafic rock isolated tile) 

And also on loading wait for the loading of resources, or your fuel tank will drop all the fuel (bug also reported) 

1 minute ago, tzionut said:

This is a bug (I already reported in development version) . I switch it whit an liquid sensor set at 1 kg :) and activate it when the mission is 96% complete. 

Important advice: SAVE THE GAME BEFORE ROCKET LAUNCH. If you have a rocket on mission and you load the game whit that rocket in mission, the rocket will return without liquid tank, oxidizer tank and rocket engine, or if return whit that parts, on landing game will crash. 

My game also crash when unload the astronaut (not the deconstruction part), and when the bottom base of the rocket melted :) ( i used mafic rock isolated tile) 

And also on loading wait for the loading of resources, or your fuel tank will drop all the fuel (bug also reported) 

So far all my launches was bugless, and i loaded game sometimes during rockets trip. But i save every time before launch, before landing and after landing on separate save... just in case...

47 minutes ago, Fischer_L said:

This my current setup:

SpaceAutomation.thumb.png.905759678433e03bbd8d48489f817ef4.png

The green wire from a bottom - signal from scanner, red wire from bottom - manual switch to open doors.

How it works, if rocket is present (signal from scanner) and ready to launch (signal from capsule) then gantry retracted, and bunkers doors start to open. Most right buffer gate prevent rocket from lift up to early. When rocket leaves - signal from scanner turn off and bunker doors are closing.

For now i have to manualy open doors for landing rocket, but in theory you can hook up some water clock for it. When rocket lands, gantry extends and doors start to closing (left buffer prevent ii from extending/closing too early).

I'm hopping that Klei somehow fixes timing for scanner and landing rocket, and do something with landing rocket during a meteor shower, then it can be fully automated system.

Edit: IT MUST BE FILTER GATE INSTEAD RIGHT BUFFER GATE. I made a mistake when increased height of rocket and reconstructed logic...

I dont get it, does the automation wire in my rockets needs to be connected to the Space Scanner?

I thought the space scanner is enough for closing and opening the banker doors 

@Oni Noob no. I'm using AND gate to unsure that when rocket is present(signal from scanner) and start doesnt' ready (signal from capsule) the doors stay closed. When rocket in space (signal from scanner) and mission in progress (signal from capsule.. it works even if rocket in space) doors stay closed. They opened only when rocket in landing/land state (signal from scanner) and mission in progress/ready to launch (signal from capsule).

Think about scanner like it detects not rocket in process of landing, but rocket that are not in a space travel.

7 minutes ago, Fischer_L said:

@Oni Noob no. I'm using AND gate to unsure that when rocket is present(signal from scanner) and start doesnt' ready (signal from capsule) the doors stay closed. When rocket in space (signal from scanner) and mission in progress (signal from capsule.. it works even if rocket in space) doors stay closed. They opened only when rocket in landing/land state (signal from scanner) and mission in progress/ready to launch (signal from capsule).

I think I figure it out. Here is my setup

image.thumb.png.da82b2e26587488a84b82f2a1c2b9b51.png

1 : Is for detecting Meteors. 
2: for detecting if my rocket is landing
3: helps null out the fake error number 2 scanner is saying when the rocket is just resting in my base. Plus it pulls in or out my Gantry.

5 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

I think I figure it out. Here is my setup

image.thumb.png.da82b2e26587488a84b82f2a1c2b9b51.png

1 : Is for detecting Meteors. 
2: for detecting if my rocket is landing
3: helps null out the fake error number 2 scanner is saying when the rocket is just resting in my base. Plus it pulls in or out my Gantry.

How you will open doors for rocket to land? Scanner doesn't give enough time for it.

Just now, Fischer_L said:

Probably because there was no meteor shower and bunker doors was in opened state.

Actually during my first land there was an incoming meteor shower detected, thats why only the bunker door that could hit my rocket is the only one that got opened.

Whats your scan quality, maybe it affects the timing?

Just now, Fischer_L said:

Well i don't know... At other topic most player reported that there was not enough time, and i was experienced the same.

Oh its my first time to launch a rocket in the newest update, maybe I just got lucky at my first try

2 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

Hmm my second try wasnt able to try it out because there was no meteor shower, but it took 10 seconds between the scanner detects my rocket and before it came out from the sky.

This is the exact opposite result of most other players launching Rockets.  So either there has been a ninja hotfix to the game, or you're doing something that other people are not.

2 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

This is the exact opposite result of most other players launching Rockets.  So either there has been a ninja hotfix to the game, or you're doing something that other people are not.

I got the latest version of the game, and I am only using steam rocket for now? My setup is quite simple actually, I am just want to have simple plain automation. Ill try another test lunch again, just currently refueling my steam rocket.

Hmm does it matter if my pc is slow? hehe I got a slow laptop(surface no video card) 

Just now, Oni Noob said:

Hmm does it matter if my pc is slow? hehe I got a slow laptop(surface no video card) 

So far has nothing to do with setup or performance. Rockets are not fully implemented(it seems), but you could the "no meteor season" to let bunker doors open, while high in the sky, to be safe..

Rocket calculator

Archived