who wins the race?

race.thumb.png.2cf7529fc53471551ad8f19af1927157.png

I have set up a small race to test how the running speed with the flooring behaves.
Participants are from top to bottom:

Rowan - Farmer
100% Runspeed
on Plastic +50%

Joshua - Chef
120% Runspeed
on Sandstone +25%

Marie
Exosuit Engineer
170% Runspeed
on Airflow 0%

Turner
Art Student
90% Runspeed
on Metal 100% EDIT: 50%

Who wins the race?

Wait, so does this imply that the runspeed bonus of tiles and skill level is multiplicative, or additive? Why would all of them tie?

If it's additive, Marie should have won, because of 170% runspeed. (100% base + 70% + 0%)

If the bonuses are multiplicative, with the skill bonus calculated separately then it would break down like this:

(base_speed * skill_bonus * tile_bonus) = total_runspeed

• Rowan (100% * 1.0 * 1.5) = 150%
  • Joshua (100% * 1.2 * 1.25) = 150%
  • Marie (100% * 1.7 * 1.0) = 170%
  • Turner (100% * 0.9 * 1.5) = 135%

Marie would still win in either scenario, but such is not the case. Not sure why. This also seems like a good opportunity to test the "exosuit sprinting" bonus, as I'm still not sure how it applies.

13 hours ago, crypticorb said:

This also seems like a good opportunity to test the "exosuit sprinting" bonus, as I'm still not sure how it applies.

Doesn't it simply negate the movespeed penalty normally incurred by wearing an Exosuit?  The Job gives +3 Athletics on top of that.

Hey, nice and funny post !

I guess the lack of difference between dupes might come from the fact that you issued a move order, instead of them going for task.

You could try making the same setup with some material at their feet and compactors at the end. It might be different, who knows.

Archived