I thought the torch was improved?

Jup, the torch makes night exploration a lot easier and interesting now, no longer the need to hurdle at your campfire every night.

The only issue I, myself, have with the torch is that you don't see much in front of your own eyes. I mean, sure, you can explore the borders of the map you are located on, you can even occasionally stumble upon a valuable resource, but navigating in the dark with the torch is as easy as driving a Space shuttle while being severely intoxicated and doing it with your feet.

The only issue I, myself, have with the torch is that you don't see much in front of your own eyes. I mean, sure, you can explore the borders of the map you are located on, you can even occasionally stumble upon a valuable resource, but navigating in the dark with the torch is as easy as driving a Space shuttle while being severely intoxicated and doing it with your feet.

It is dangerous and your sight is indeed very limited, but I honestly like it that way. Never truly knowing what you find in the dark until it is right next to you, very exciting stuff (and dangerous).