Change lightning rod recipe from gold to iron

Since fog season has a lot of lightning, players are required to have built at least one lightning rod by day 11 if they don't want to risk their entire base burning down. Because gold is much harder to find in Hamlet than it is in RoG, it's pretty difficult to do this, assuming that you also want to build an alchemy engine.
Due to that I think it would be more reasonable if lightning rods required iron ore instead of gold in Hamlet.

31 minutes ago, gary9996 said:

That's what the gold pan is for

I mean, fair, but I think iron would be a tad bit more reasonable. Especially considering how most irl lightning rods are made of iron/steel.

Maybe a new lightning rod made of iron would be reasonable, but with a smaller radius of function. Worth thinking about it for a bit I guess...

I think that an Iron Lightining Rod makes more sense.

Also, since you mentioned burning your base, it came to my mind that when your house in the pigcity is burned by a lightning strike, the pigs repair it and you don't lose anything.

That is kinda OP, no?

45 minutes ago, Wyulliam said:

I think that an Iron Lightining Rod makes more sense.

Also, since you mentioned burning your base, it came to my mind that when your house in the pigcity is burned by a lightning strike, the pigs repair it and you don't lose anything.

That is kinda OP, no?

You can repair it yourself, actually.

Just hammer down the house until it's rebuilt. It's part of the mechanics, I think, since the guards can acidentally burn down the houses (found this out thanks to @JimmyThornseed)

I don't think it's really OP considering that you can't build things inside the house apart from chests. Plus, it costs 50 oincs (which isn't very hard to get once you farm peagawk feathers and collect the manure around town, but y'now).

On 19/10/2018 at 2:29 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

You can place any structure in a house given enough space, even trees.

Just saw the post now, sorry

Well, that's odd. Mine considered that I didn't have space for anything when I tried to build things - and mind you, it was empty

Archived