Solar Panel

The animation stops when you reload the game. It`s a bug. All of the panels work. You can tell they produce max power by the indicator in the middle. If it`s full they produce 380 W. If you want it to light up you can disable and enable it but it doesn`t change how much power it produces.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

The animation stops when you reload the game. It`s a bug. All of the panels work. You can tell they produce max power by the indicator in the middle. If it`s full they produce 380 W. If you want it to light up you can disable and enable it but it doesn`t change how much power it produces.

I figured it out, it wasnt a bug(I think), I recreate all electric wires that was connected to the solar panels. Now its all working.

This has already been explained above, but I'll restate it since you seem to be having issues.  There is currently a bug with the solar panels that makes them not show the proper animation after reloading a save.  You can enable/disable them, or rebuild them, or reconnect them, or whatever.. to get the animations to work correctly.  The animation not showing correctly is NOT an indication that they are working/not working.  Watch the small bar in the center of the panel, it will display the true power output.  You can also confirm by going into your reports and hovering the curson over your power produced.  It will show total power produced by the solar panels for the day.

2 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Oops nvm its not working again, does the solar panels need to be in a room with oxygen or something?

You're experiencing a visual bug only. The solar panels are functioning perfectly. Sometimes I can't tell if you're roleplaying your username, or if you really are a noob.

You will likely need to put the panels in a room with some gas to keep them from overheating eventually, with drywall backing to keep it from escaping. This has nothing to do with the minor bug, though.

13 hours ago, crypticorb said:

You will likely need to put the panels in a room with some gas to keep them from overheating eventually, with drywall backing to keep it from escaping. This has nothing to do with the minor bug, though.

As long as no hot materials end up on top of the panels, there is absolutely no need to cool them.  They generate no heat and remain at the temperature they are when the get built as long as they don't come in contact with anything.

Archived