Thermite - Fire ?

Have not played for two months, so Im excited to see the material Thermite in the game. Not sure if I overlooked it in the past...

Maybe we will get fire/combustion in 2019 Q1 and perhaps radioactivity in Q3 ? :p

Would you enjoy playing and fighting with fire, intentional or by accident ?

The long awaited Doctor job and Firefighters would be awesome too - Yes, I know Im hoping perhaps for too much hihihihi.

I know the chemical composition of thermite, and some rough knowledge of its capabilities, but I don't know enough about thermite to have any ideas about what it could be useful for in ONI.

Is thermite used industrially, or in some manufacturing processes?

Im a noob on Thermite - I know it casual from safe cracker movies, Mythbusters, the Payday game and crazy guys like ColinFurze playing around with it. Its seems its also used for rail welding and such:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=thermite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite

...Im playing the game in debug, one can build Thermite pipes and whatnot in ONI out of it. So if there is fire someday in the game, players could build a fuse strip by laying down a pipeline of Thermite. Or perhaps use it for rapid steel melting or extremely fast water heating ? Or to put the base fastly in flames or instantly melt an ice biome :D

Its a bit irritating that there is several conspiracy clips on the first page of youtube results on the search term, I guess thats the freedom of speech.

Anyways, lets stick to science and ONI.

The developers have claimed they're done adding new systems - which combustion would certainly be - to the game and they're going to shift to polish to get ONI ready for full release.  At best, something like combustion is going to be a post-launch patch or paid DLC.

Not sure, maybe it was just to take the pressure from devs. Calling it "Release" would surely make the game get more attraction on Steam again + then perhaps a DLC someday, so 2 Steam attraction/sales events in the future.

If I where the studio boss I would call it "Release" if the Steam sales numbers are constantly decreasing over the past time frame of 1 year. I wish the game gets all the attention it can have, its such a great production. I hope it lives on long with some kind of development, similar to the Factorio game.

Update: Yeah, its a more or less long term bottom of probably mostly already-owners playing since a while now.

I guess you are right. It would truly help the game if it gets an attention boost and a lot of new purchases on Steam.

Steam player stats on the game:

https://steamcharts.com/app/457140#All

Archived