[HELP] Handslot Item not using asset/sprites properly

Me and my friends are working on a hand slot equippable item loosely following this tutorial

My friend ran into a problem that the ground_item is using swap_item sprites and swap_item sprites is invisible
Even though its compiled correctly in anim folder
image.thumb.png.a07f979bcb18db7037b97e53e25492c9.png

frostmourne_q.rar

I went and tried myself , notice in the tutorial specified the path "exported > 1st myitem folder > 2nd myitem folder > myitem.png" and saving the .scml from Spriter on the 1st myitem folder

However when i do this the compiler failed to find myitem.png and swap_myitem.png

frostmourne_n.rar

We are not entirely sure where is our problems coming from , the prefabs or the the spriting department , because when i sad we "loosely" followed the tutorial , i meant he used DST API instead of the one from the tutorial

Thank you in advance

Edited by Wraether

Did you do a clean spriter project when you tried to change the folder organisation ? Or did you just moved things ?

Also, what are the DST API and the one of the tutorial ? I don't see what you are speaking about.

Edited by Lumina

24 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Did you do a clean spriter project when you tried to change the folder organisation ? Or did you just moved things ?

Also, what are the DST API and the one of the tutorial ? I don't see what you are speaking about.

He said he scripted it from scratch from reading Klei's and modders' scripts

I'm not a coder so I have no idea what is what

And yes I did remade the Spriter Projects fron scratch in new locations

10 minutes ago, Wraether said:

He said he scripted it from scratch from reading Klei's and modders' scripts

Ok. Try first changing this :

inst.AnimState:SetBank("frostmourne")
    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("swap_frostmourne")
    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("idle")

Into this :

inst.AnimState:SetBuild("frostmourne")

(in frostmourne.lua)

This should fix the problem of in ground animation. I will see if i can look at the other problem later.

(Edit : i corrected a typo)

Edited by Lumina

21 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Ok. Try first changing this :

inst.AnimState:SetBuild("swap_frostmourne")

Into this :

inst.AnimState:SetBuild("frostmourne")

(in frostmourne.lua)

This should fix the problem of in ground animation. I will see if i can look at the other problem later.

(Edit : i corrected a typo)

Also I wanna ask why does it compile sprites normally in the incorrect folder structure yet doesnt when I tried to follow the tutorial's structure 

8 minutes ago, Wraether said:

Also I wanna ask why does it compile sprites normally in the incorrect folder structure yet doesnt when I tried to follow the tutorial's structure 

Because you probably did something wrong when trying to follow the correct structure, not in the structure itself (that was correct for the swap part) but in the spriter project itself.

So i did a clean spriter project and all was working fine :

frostmourne.png.787303e09224b75778e676d72b5dcb09.png

I can't tell what was wrong in the first except that it seemed to have some remaining trace of the old structure that were making things not working.

Since i did the work to fix it, i'll attack the fixed version of the mod :

frostmourne_n.zip

Because there is no point to ask you to do this again (but i suggest you to look at how the spriter project looks so you know what to do next time.)

I didn't tested anything else, just the anims.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

Because you probably did something wrong when trying to follow the correct structure, not in the structure itself (that was correct for the swap part) but in the spriter project itself.

So i did a clean spriter project and all was working fine :

frostmourne.png.787303e09224b75778e676d72b5dcb09.png

I can't tell what was wrong in the first except that it seemed to have some remaining trace of the old structure that were making things not working.

Since i did the work to fix it, i'll attack the fixed version of the mod :

frostmourne_n.zip

Because there is no point to ask you to do this again (but i suggest you to look at how the spriter project looks so you know what to do next time.)

I didn't tested anything else, just the anims.

Thank you for the help , we followed your fix and now everything is working perfectlyimage.thumb.png.70007636a7e1c15b25af0b4a4b019ba6.png