Any way to lock fps to 30?

I've been wanting to stream the game for quite some time, but whenever I do, the fps keeps jumping from 40 to 60, and that causes a lot of stuttering. Is there a way I can cap the fps to 30 so it doesn't stutter too much when i record/stream? I looked in the settings of the game but couldn't find anything about it.

Afaik DST grabs the available refreshrates from the monitor you are running on as available settings in the options. (for me 60, 100, 110 and 120 because my Monitor is a 120hz one.)

You can add a new refresh rate in your graphics driver settings depending on your type of GPU, and then select the new refresh rate to use ingame.

13 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

This is probably fault of your potato PC/Laptop. Fps might be low because your computer simply can't stand The game.

nah, my "potato" can stand the game itself just fine, it runs at 60fps solid. it just can't handle it while streaming/recording, only then the framerate keeps going up and down, making the video awful to watch. that's why i wanna limit it to 30fps, so it stops stuttering.

20 hours ago, Rosten said:

I'm fairly sure this is what Vsync is for.

I never thought I'd hear myself recommending turning on vsync, but there you go.

oh wow, i didn't even think about turning vsync on lmao. i'll try that, but i hope it doesn't make it stutter at 30 fps, since the point of locking it to 30 is to stop stuttering. will try anyway tho, thanks!

21 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Pretty sure they called it Enable laptop mode

aaah i see. will try that too.

14 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Afaik DST grabs the available refreshrates from the monitor you are running on as available settings in the options. (for me 60, 100, 110 and 120 because my Monitor is a 120hz one.)

You can add a new refresh rate in your graphics driver settings depending on your type of GPU, and then select the new refresh rate to use ingame.

it's an integrated intel graphics card, i don't think it can do that. my monitor only goes so far as 75hz too, so i don't think it'd do anything either. but i'll see if it works regardless, thanks.

12 hours ago, Lumoz86 said:

it's an integrated intel graphics card, i don't think it can do that. my monitor only goes so far as 75hz too, so i don't think it'd do anything either. but i'll see if it works regardless, thanks.

My Intel settings are in german, but it should be understandable using images like this:

image.thumb.png.8b3ecf4bd66e8117df68b52ea4d1b328.png

image.thumb.png.bd3556652da4cf35e260f1a79b752f40.png

image.thumb.png.943188cf892a1d925d465efcff1ef546.png

At the last part you'll have to enter your normal Monitor resolution, and your desired refresh rate.

Afterwards you can see your new refresh rate in the monitor settings, and they should be available in DST in your options.

image.thumb.png.263d23b5af2b2a8f39e73f0bce042f18.png

You can always lower the specs of your devices like resolution and refresh rate, but raising them might be limited by the given hardware.

2 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

My Intel settings are in german, but it should be understandable using images like this:

image.thumb.png.8b3ecf4bd66e8117df68b52ea4d1b328.png

image.thumb.png.bd3556652da4cf35e260f1a79b752f40.png

image.thumb.png.943188cf892a1d925d465efcff1ef546.png

At the last part you'll have to enter your normal Monitor resolution, and your desired refresh rate.

Afterwards you can see your new refresh rate in the monitor settings, and they should be available in DST in your options.

image.thumb.png.263d23b5af2b2a8f39e73f0bce042f18.png

You can always lower the specs of your devices like resolution and refresh rate, but raising them might be limited by the given hardware.

ah, yeah, i see. thanks!

Archived