Help with understanding temperature mechanics

As a beginner I decided to make some experiments in debug mode to better understand game mechanics of the game but found some strange result that I can't understand.

Basically I've created two empty chambers with insulated abyssalite tiles. I put gas pump into one of them and layed insulated pipeline to another.

Filled chamber with cold hydrogen (50K \ -223.2°С) and after unpausing game I found that hydrogen transfered to another chamber was about 120°C warmer.

Please help. Does the gas pump heats hydrogen? Or is it a wire? I searched game wiki and found nothing about gas pump and wire heating.

Screenshot_2.png

Wires definitely don't transfer heat. I don't even know how much or even if pumps generate heat but it is minimal and definitely not enough for 500g * 2.4 J/g/K * 120K = 144kJ in that short time. Check that your piping is made of abyssalite as well and that the second room was a vacuum before you started piping.

The gas vent probably had an initial temperature as well, probably around 20 C.  The heat probably transferred from the vent to the hydrogen.  Probably same with the pump.  The temperature of a building is kept at its initial temperature unless it is painted over.

Your pump room is 56 tiles (8x7 inside).  Same with the former vacuum. 

The vent is 200 kg, so cooling it from 20 C to -106.9 C would heat 550 * 56 g hydrogen 132 C.  I bet the vent in this picture isn't done heating the hydrogen yet.  Assuming the vent is made of copper.

The pump is a different story.  If it started at 20 C and is made of copper, then if it were cooled from 20 C to -189.2 C, then it would only heat 5 kg * 56 hydrogen only 6 C.  There are also wires, but I don't know what kind you used and they are usually negligible. 

Did you build then paint or paint then build?

Thanks for your advices.

Made some mode tests and it seems build-paint order doesn't matter.

But I think I found the root of the problem. I build another chamber and place gas pump at the bottom. And still get warm gas at the top. So I beleive wire bridge heats hydrogen.

Next question is how to insulate wires?

Screenshot_1.png

If the wiki isnt outdated the wire bridge dont heat anyhting

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Wire_Bridge

here is a example of a coal generator: https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Coal_Generator

you can see the info "Heat Generation : 9 kDTU/s".

As someone already stated, i think the initial temperature of the builded devices (pump, vent, pipes) are the problem. Did you pump the whole hydrogen from one room to the other or just some of it?

As I know, wire bridges transfer heat well. At least heavy wire bridge - it always challenging me to configure completely insulated powerplant. The decision is to put one bridge ends into vacuum. and connect with another bridge. For tests you don't need to use bridge at all. There is no way and no reason to insulate wires, just avoid bridges.   

Thank you for your answers.

I wanted to build something that I would be able to use in normal games. And for some reason I couldn't build wires on insulated wall. That's why I used bridge.
Don't know - maybe it was a bug or far more likely it was silly me.

Tested with wires - still get warming but very slightly - about 2 or 3 °C. I think it's because of warm gas pump.

Archived