Loading game

Your problem is:

1 you revealed all the map

2 you store large quantity of materials (see regolith), igneous rock, etc

3 you have lots of tamed creatures, or dupes

The solution:

If the regolith is the problem use it whit deodorizers or melt it for igneous rock, or enable sandbox mode and delete from it...

If you didn't screen your vacuum top limit whit bunker tiles for limit the regolith input.. see this post for more details

If the creatures or dupes is the problem.. kill them (ex lost of morbs for slime farm), same whit dupes ( i play whit only 8.. same reason)

Try to convert what you have in large quantities...Igneous rock... feed hatches, or smash it, melt the sand to glass, smash the glass, repeat the process. If you have much slime, convert it to algae and feed pacu whit it. If you have excess of water.. eject to space, or use it for farming, oil production, etc.You see the pictures.

Improve your hardware... Buy better processor...or don,t play anymore...or start a new game, rush for steel production and cover as soon as you can the upper limit of the void...then play whit less dupe and only wild creatures..(limited creatures tamed...if you want some tamed creatures store in another part of your base wild ones), consume as much resources you can and reveal map only on top(void for wall construction), and on bottom (for oil, fossils and magma- yes use it whit steam turbines)

Okay so I made a cycle 1 save to test the possible problems. Revealed the whole map with sandbox, spawned massive numbers of meteors, spawned enormous numbers of shine bugs, dreckos, hatches and morbs. Spawned an extra 13 dupes. Then I dug out most of the map with debug. File saved and loaded fine. The only thing I couldn't test was storing the stuff, but how would that be different from just having it sitting on the ground?

Ok make same test in 2 variants:

1 do all above and build lost of things for 5 cycle

2 do nothing except spawn some food and toilets for your 3 duplicants for 5 cycle

After you load both save you will see the difference...

You problem is that is only one cycle...in 900 cycle more stuff accumulate.. (eggshells, polluted dirt, polluted gas, sweet wheat, etc) stuff that are taken in considerate when loading and saving...

I don't have any solution to offer for your crashing issue, but wanted to point out something I've observed with my late game base.  If I try to load one of it's save files while in game, it usually takes ~3 minutes to load.  If I exit the game entirely, then start it up again and load the same game, it takes under a minute.

18 minutes ago, Bomato said:

In what way does the game crash? If I alt-tab and get back into the game too early while it still loads, Windows tells me it doesn't respond. I just wait and let the game do its thing.

I get the black hole screen. Sometimes the game just quits. Other times it quits then freezes my desktop. It happens more often if I try to reload from in-game then a cold startup.

Archived