Storage Tanks

8 hours ago, Craigjw said:

These are really useful and I'm very grateful for them, however, they could be better if they had an automation output to signal when they are full.

Close, but a critical part to this would be hysteresis control, as is done with the smart battery. Automation output activates above setpoint, and deactivates below a different setpoint.

1 hour ago, yoakenashi said:

Close, but a critical part to this would be hysteresis control, as is done with the smart battery. Automation output activates above setpoint, and deactivates below a different setpoint.

Agreed, I also have some suggestions which might improve upon the whole industrial storage concept:

• The current storage tanks should be slightly lower on the research tier (Not much benefit over a basic tile tank with pump)
    • Ability to "rotate" (mirror) the tank's inputs and outputs
    • Maybe renamed to "Improved Storage"?
  • New Industrial Storage and Processing devices
    • High capacity gas tank
      • Requires power to compress the gas, allowing for more storage in a given space
      • Automation hysteresis as recommended by yoakenashi
    • High capacity liquid tank
      • Keeping in mind liquid compress-ability, perhaps just a larger tank (10x)?
      • Automation hysteresis as recommended by yoakenashi
    • Liquid decontamination unit
      • Requires power and a chlorine gas input (and plastics to build)
      • Cleans germs from a liquid (similar to ore scrubber)
    • Liquid bottler (kitchen sink?)
      • Allows dupes to pull liquids directly from a pipe
      • Same requirements as gas bottler

I should add that I greatly enjoy this game in its current state, these are only ways in which I think it could be better without removing the challenge from the game.

Keep up the good work Devs!

Archived