Major base redesign?

Just now, Cipupec2 said:

Has anyone did mid game major base redesign? Is it worth or is it better to start from scratch (I am 300cycles in )

If you have the resources and dupes You can do it rather quickly, What I did the last time I needed to change stuff about I pumped all my storage tanks elsewhere, then build their new place first then filled them and after that i moved critical systems etc. 

The problem with redesigning is problems crop up that you don't think about XD or you have not thought it through enough then have to redo the same bit multiple times.

A challenge you say! An interesting proposition and having to deal with the unexpected sound like an added bonus/fun. Though, it is still a lot of dumb work, moving every wire and bolt pretty much just few tiles here and there.. So I might just from scratch and try to up my game and achieve the same in 250 cycles or less. I'll need to think about it.

2 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

A challenge you say! An interesting proposition and having to deal with the unexpected sound like an added bonus/fun. Though, it is still a lot of dumb work, moving every wire and bolt pretty much just few tiles here and there.. So I might just from scratch and try to up my game and achieve the same in 250 cycles or less. I'll need to think about it.

I didnt even do that, I literally removed all the wires and started rebuilding them haha. I left no remnant of my old base.

i'm starting to build everything on the space, bedrooms showers, all rooms dupes related with gold metal tiles etc then ill make it isolated with just transit tube leading outside, i'm on cycle 1000+ and i dont have to worry about oxygen or food anymore, 3 steam geysers but using only 1 right now and puft farm feeding my mushrooms for infinite food without effort. No point starting over, when you have unlimited resources building everything somewhere else is easy, just takes time

Archived