Help :)

Hello community! I'm new playing ONI, and this game is very very good, I LIKE IT! haha

I need help as a newbie :D:p:

1 - I want to know how to deal with contaminated oxygen in certain parts without placing Gas Pump's everywhere. 

2 - Why my duplicants don't clean the polluted water generated by the Algae Terrarium's? And i already have the bottle emptier

3 - Are the Algae Terrarium's a good choice for making oxygen?

4 - Give me tips and all the help i need haha

Mmmm and btw, I'm in Cycle 15, what do you think guys of my progress (See the images)? ¿Any tips/help, things to correct? Thanks for the help!

Ohhh and other thing Ohh and other thing, as you can see in the second image, there is a lot of clay/seeds in the floor, you know why the dupes don't clean it? Thanks!!

2018-09-11_22h18_36.png

2018-09-11_22h19_07.png

40 minutes ago, NovaOxygen said:

1 - I want to know how to deal with contaminated oxygen in certain parts without placing Gas Pump's everywhere. 

2 - Why my duplicants don't clean the polluted water generated by the Algae Terrarium's? And i already have the bottle emptier

3 - Are the Algae Terrarium's a good choice for making oxygen?

4 - Give me tips and all the help i need haha

1.  A little bit of polluted oxygen won't hurt anything.  Dupes will breathe it, but don't seem to have too much of a problem with a little bit.  Deoderizers will clean it if you want to.  Just scatter then around a bit.  

2.  Dupes don't clean polluted water.  If they aren't picking it up and taking it to the bottle emptier, it might be a priority problem.  Try increasing the priority of the bottle emptier and see if that helps.

3.  Not really.  They work, but at the price of water and algae.  Water in the early game is something to conserve. I've used them sometimes and honestly haven't found them that good.

4.  There are lots and lots of tutorials.  I don't subscribe to any one way to play this game - there are many.  One tip might be to investigate making rooms.  They have nice bonuses.  

1 - desodorizer

2 - priority 9 on it, all the time.

But do you realy need those terraium ?

3 - I would say no, i Don't like them because the oxygen can go more than 2 KG, and if the oxygen is more than 2 KG, your duplicant will geat lot of stress for ear plug !

4 : Do lot of fail and you will learn, first time i was playing this game that was very hard to understand what to do, so i have go step by step.

16 minutes ago, Amara3113 said:

4.  There are lots and lots of tutorials. 

You are thinking of play-thoughs

youtubers haven't made any tutorials due to the fact the game keeps changing each update so any guide made will quickly become outdated

I would like to point out that Algae Terrariums are useful in some circumstances.  They are the best conversion of algae to oxygen, so if you're short on algae but have lots of water or dupe time, then go for it.  However, they do have the drawback that they turn clean water into polluted AND they require dupes to empty the PW out.  It would be nice if the shipping system could handle bottled water.  Check to make sure that your bottle emptier is set to empty polluted water bottles.  

The other early alternative is algae deoxydizer, which use electricity to turn the algae into oxygen.  The drawback is that you need electricity and they generate heat.  Later in the game, you'll want to switch to electrolyzers to convert water into oxygen and hydrogen.

I want to raise a little voice in favor of terrariums. I think they are a bit underrated.

My base usually features two staircases, a bit left and right of the printing pod. At the very bottom between the stairs is always the kitchen (sterile atmosphere). On the level above I have a battery of terrariums, flanked on both sides by several deodorizers. I make sure that the bottles of polluted water stay where they are (utilizing the offgasing of polluted oxygen)

After some time the oxygen production of the deodorizers surpasses the production of the terrariums themselves. In term of algae usage it a very efficient o2 production, and compared with deoxidizers I exchange power usage and heat generation with water usage and dupe operation.

Most of the time I only play a map if there is some form of renewable water source nearby, and as I like to play slow the dupe operation does not bother me.

Furthermore it ensures that the carbon dioxide level does not raise above the terrarium floor.

As a result I often still have that layout quite late in the game. On my last game I had an electrolyzer room just for fulling the exosuits, my 10 dupes were happy breathing biologically generated oxygen :)

(I'm working right now - as evidenced by this post - so I can't include a screenshot)

i remember in one of my game, i didn't know the problem of more than 2 kg of oxygen problem, so i have done a nice room, with some battery + 2 coal generator, and i have fill the room with terrariums, some cycle later, all my replicant vomit everywhere, break all of our machine, hell on earth begin, i was like, but what the hell happen here !

and that was because of ear plugs, lot of stress.

6 hours ago, NovaOxygen said:

¿Any tips/help, things to correct?

You should try making rooms for certain things. At F11 you got the room overlay. It will show you the requirements for each room type. For example barracks will give you higher morale. You will need that for higher tier jobs.

You wash basin is on the wrong side. Dupes only wash their hands when they walk by one. With this setup they won`t wash their hands. The microbe musher being next to it doesn`thelp either. You can get your food contaminated pretty fast. Granted it`s not that bad on asier difficulty but the dupes might get sick at one point.

Keep on digging until you reach the edge of the starting biome (it has harder rocks so it`s easy to spt). You will find a lot of plant seeds as well as muckroots buried in the ground. It will help you with earlygame food sustain and to kickstart your farms. You`ll need a lot more than a few plants to feed your dupes.

Oh and make a much bigger hole for the polluted water. You won`t beilieve how fast it will fill once you get more dupes and lavatories set up.

Archived