Requesting some help to change some parameters

Hello

(sorry about my English, learning at the moment ...)

My personnal point of view is Don't Starve is a really great game, i like it and im really sad it does not interest my friends but i dont care, i like it ! About the game, some people can like it more easy and others more hard. I think i depend on how fast people are learning things and about what people want to do in the game, how they do it. If it was only 1 way to succed, it would be sad. So.. personnally i like to take it easy, learn my way and have some fun exploring, setting camp and having fun.

But actually, i have some problem with some things and i want to change this so...

My request is;

- How i can change the number of Hounds who can spawn after X days in the game ?

Sometime the game spawn more than 10 of them... ... ... ... wtf ?

If some people like to see many, its not my case cause ... using food, traps, pigs or buffalo only help me sometime and sadly for me, Hounds spam arrive mostly always when im far from bases during exploration so i die frequently because they are too many and alone its a pain to survive them even using food, logsuit and football helmet. I want to see a decent numbers. My goal is to have fun, not to have frustration because i cant explore because when Hounds come they are too many to deal with. Starvation never killed me, only the Hounds did frequently. And my request is not about how to survive them, but how to change the number of them who spawn after X days.

- How i can change the % chance to get the Krampus Backpack drop rate to someting more fun like (10%) or (5%) chance ?

I killed him over 25 times actually and it never dropped, im not a fan of World of warcraft "kill over 1000 pigs" to get this item.

If anyone can help me about this, thank you ! :)

It will make MY gameplay more fun for ME and i will have more fun to play that way and when i will be ready to get spammed by HORDES of HOUNDS i will change back to normal the number of them who can spawn. Cause for ME, actually, they are just a source of constan frustration and im really getting tired of playing because of them, they are too many (sometime), not always.

Thanks.

Edited by RenardSolitaire

Can't believe some people think that multiple hounds are hard. :PI don't like how the current hounds work, but I don't think changing the number of hounds are going to solve the problem.You're so attached to "liking" the game, yet you always mention the fact that the game continuously "spams" hounds at you.The game is supposed to be unforgiving, have you not learned anything?

Just learn how to use the combat in this game the hounds are easy.

Easy in what when more than 10+ spawn around you and you where walking far from anything that can help ?Also, it looks like im really bad at English :( sadly, if no one is able to understand what my help request is about... ...

The only actual option, apart from learning combat (I don't actually know what these people are talking about here. They might mean learn how to kite them? Or use traps?) is seeing if someone has/is willing to make a mod for the game.NI'm not sure how to go about it myself, but someone who knows what they're doing could probably make a mod that causes less hounds to spawn (if you asked them nicely, lol).

Again this is not what i am asking for but thanks for telling me how "YOU" like the game.Looks hard to have some helping hands around or im just unlucky like always XD

The only actual option, apart from learning combat (I don't actually know what these people are talking about here. They might mean learn how to kite them? Or use traps?) is seeing if someone has/is willing to make a mod for the game.NI'm not sure how to go about it myself, but someone who knows what they're doing could probably make a mod that causes less hounds to spawn (if you asked them nicely, lol).

Thanks for your reply :)What im looking for is to change the setting manually in the game files. I think some people know how to do that but i have no idea what to change and where. Edited by RenardSolitaire

Just because I believe that the hound attacks are too easy doesn't mean that his desire for them to be easier is any less valid. Here, let me help you out:If you go to programfiles>steam>steamapps>common>dont_starve>data>scripts>components, there is a file located there called hounded.lua. If you open that file, a few if-then statements determine how many hounds spawn. Lines 137, 141, and 145 contain a variable called "self.houndstorelease" that determines how many attack. Just reduce that number to your heart's content. Also, be sure to backup hounded.lua in another folder before you make any changes to it.I would also recommend you post these kinds of things in the modding forum. There are more people with coding experience over there to help you out

Easy in what when more than 10+ spawn around you and you where walking far from anything that can help ?Also, it looks like im really bad at English :( sadly, if no one is able to understand what my help request is about... ...

I'm sorry, but if there's 10+ hounds atacking you, you are probably above day 100, because that's when you reach the cap number of hounds, which is 12. By that time you should know how to deal with them.If you don't, there it go:
Drops any meat on the groud and atack the hounds. They will drop more meat and atract the others.
About the Krampus sack, it's not that hard to drop it. Obviously some people are lucky and drop it fast, but just keep trying. You will have a good supply of Morsel (Maybe feathes if you're killing birds), Coal and Monster meat after that.

Just because I believe that the hound attacks are too easy doesn't mean that his desire for them to be easier is any less valid. Here, let me help you out:If you go to programfiles>steam>steamapps>common>dont_starve>data>scripts>components, there is a file located there called hounded.lua. If you open that file, a few if-then statements determine how many hounds spawn. Lines 137, 141, and 145 contain a variable called "self.houndstorelease" that determines how many attack. Just reduce that number to your heart's content. Also, be sure to backup hounded.lua in another folder before you make any changes to it.I would also recommend you post these kinds of things in the modding forum. There are more people with coding experience over there to help you out

Thank you Sliver :)I will look at this and try some things about that about how many Hounds can Spawn after 50 days and more !Have you any idea about the Krampus Backpack ? Where i can change the % chance parameter ?About the modding forum, i have look fast at this place but was unable to find where to put a request like mine. I dont want a mod, im not requesting for a mod, but just to change 2 little things manually in the game files. I dont think its enter the mod & tool forum category.

I'm sorry, but if there's 10+ hounds atacking you, you are probably above day 100, because that's when you reach the cap number of hounds, which is 12. By that time you should know how to deal with them.If you don't, there it go:

Drops any meat on the groud and atack the hounds. They will drop more meat and atract the others.
About the Krampus sack, it's not that hard to drop it. Obviously some people are lucky and drop it fast, but just keep trying. You will have a good supply of Morsel (Maybe feathes if you're killing birds), Coal and Monster meat after that.I already explained myself about this i think. If some people think its easy "I" like to go explore my map and sadly for me they attack me mostly when im away from things that can help me and anyway im not asking help about how "you" deal with them but how to reduce the number of them who spawn :) Sliver just pointed to me something interesting i will try about this !!!About Krampus Backpack, after hours trying to get it i feel like doing a boring quest in World of warcraft (in old times) when this game has some potential and interest, but "old times..", yeah. I noticed in my game when i kill pigs (even many many) it have no effect but killing birds yes ! He come when i kill some :) But since the last update i need a boomerang to kill them and items to make many, many of them and its making this an epic quest just to get a single item, lol XDI preffer to change the % chance parameter in the game files than losing hours and hours of time for no reason. After 25 kills of thoses Krampus i have no more fun doing it non stop and praying he will drop the backpack one day (never got it by the way) before i die between thoses hounds army spam and me getting the items i need to make many boomerang to kill the birds who make krampus to spawn.