Are either fertilizer makers or electrolizers net power positive?

most of the time when gas is generated by electrolizer it must push other gasses out of the way first, if the gas can't move very well it replaces the gas instead resulting in gas deletion

most players set up a gas pump below the electrolizer and airflow tiles to collect oxygen, and one above it to collect hydrogen 

10 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

most of the time when gas is generated by electrolizer it must push other gasses out of the way first, if the gas can't move very well it replaces the gas instead resulting in gas deletion

most players set up a gas pump below the electrolizer and airflow tiles to collect oxygen, and one above it to collect hydrogen 

How many electrolizers can reliably fill a generator?

6 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

How man electrolizers can reliably fill a generator?

well an electrolizer produces 112g/s hydrogen and a generator only needs 100g/s.

The trick is having a setup that uses less than the 800w the generator generates so you get positive power for your base

Here's a simple setup I have used, it's not perfect but it power's itself and provides a fair amount of O2 to my base

The element sensor controls the shutoffs and work just as well as a gas filter and the storage tank holds the extra hydrogen

a.thumb.png.05b1dbb19bbfdbe7746f4255f405eb6d.pngb.thumb.png.07cd926e1f2b6108fb29b48fa19963f4.pngc.thumb.png.28bb07dadc6dedc2f5bebe92e226dfa4.png

20 hours ago, ProfMembrane said:

How many electrolizers can reliably fill a generator?

One electrolyzer can keep a generator running non-stop -- provided you have somewhere to send all the oxygen.  However, its much easier to do it with two electrolyzers and three fans, using the automatic sorting that the gas does on its own.  For example, this is my favorite setup.   Its liquid cooled so the oxygen is kept at 18c, and it can provide enough oxygen for 10 dupes.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.39e4934580ca4f2dea7960e04f7aa70c.png

I've posted about this one at length on this board, in the SPOM and similar threads.

17 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

One electrolyzer can keep a generator running non-stop -- provided you have somewhere to send all the oxygen.  However, its much easier to do it with two electrolyzers and three fans, using the automatic sorting that the gas does on its own.  For example, this is my favorite setup.   Its liquid cooled so the oxygen is kept at 18c, and it can provide enough oxygen for 10 dupes.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.39e4934580ca4f2dea7960e04f7aa70c.png

I've posted about this one at length on this board, in the SPOM and similar threads.

What does SPOM stand for?

Speaking of.. I've done some re-designing with the latest rocketry buildings and my oxygen generation system is so efficient, I saved up 150kg of extra hydrogen in 10 cycles.  That's enough hydrogen to run a generator for 2.5 cycles non-stop.  My ENTIRE system is powered by a single hydrogen generator -- cooling, pumping water for the electrolyzers, everything.  The entire electrical system in the rest of my base could fall apart and my dupes would still have cool clean air to breathe.  I'm really liking these new liquid and gas reservoirs. 

Archived